Deus 2 Lite, Nox 800/900, Legend What Do They Really Weigh

Your measurement of the WS6 Master is nearly the same as mine by .0xx Jeff, great post. 👍 The 900 looks good to me. I hope we'll read more about it and Aptx-LL devices. It's definitely the most bang for the buck if you have coils for the previous versions. 

• Like 1

Jeff,  Looking forward to seeing the weight of the Legend with the lg24 as well. Plus they said the lg30 weighs less than the stock coil. Not sure how much but we'll find it soon. Tom 

• Like 2

I added the weight of the Legend with the new LG24 coil to the list above, 46.1 ounces weighed on the same scale as the previous weights.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Deus 2 Lite, Nox 800/900, Legend What Do They Really Weigh

Good info here, Jeff.  The only factor I might add, and I don't know how you would measure this, is balance.  For example, I like the Deus II a lot but for me it is nose heavy, just like the original Deus.  The Legend and the Equinox have better balance.  If I use a Deus II for several hours I feel the strain in my forearm while on The Legend and Equinox I don't.

• Like 1

I also added Deus 2 9" coil with full remote and another Equinox 800 weight. 

• Thanks 1

I'll add one:

Deus with 13" coil on SteveG CF shaft 1242g 2.7lb, 43.8 ounces.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

On the scale used for my other weights above:

Deus 2 with stock shaft, remote and 11” coil is 1133 grams, 39.97 oz or 2 lbs 8 oz.

Deus 2 with stock shaft, remote and 13X11” coil is 1233 grams, 43.49 oz or 2 lbs 11.5 oz

Added these to the table below.

On 12/22/2022 at 4:24 PM, Jeff McClendon said:

Just a quick post about some weights for recently released detectors for those that want or need to pay attention to swing weight.

I weighed all of these on the same scale. Your scale may give different results but the difference between different detectors should be close. All weights include coil covers.

Deus 2 with 9" FMF coil, WS6 mounted on the stock shaft with the XP Neoprene shaft mount = 33.2 ounces 

Deus 2 with 9" FMF coil and full remote mounted on the stock shaft = 35.4 ounces

Nox 900 with stock 6" coil and stock lower shaft = 37 ounces

Nox 800 with stock 6" coil and Detector Innovations Tele-Knox shaft system 37.7 ounces

Deus 2 with stock shaft, remote and 11" coil is 39.97 ounces 

Nox 900 with Coiltek 10X5" coin on stock shaft is 40.9 ounces.

Nox 900 with Coiltek 10X5" coil on the Detector Innovations 18mm Tele-Knox lower shaft which fits the Nox 900 shaft = 41.6 ounces

Deus 2 with stock shaft, remote and 13X11" coil is 43.49 ounces

Deus 2 with Steve Goss shaft, remote and 13X11" coil is 43.8 ounces 

Nox 900 with stock 11" coil and stock lower shaft = 44.1 ounces

Legend with stock 6" coil = 45.5 ounces

Legend with 10X5" LG24 coil is 46.1 ounces

Manticore with stock shaft and 11” coil is 46.24 ounces

Nox 800 with stock 11" coil and Steve Goss one piece carbon fiber upper shaft (no counter weight) = 46.5 ounces

Legend with stock 11" coil = 52.6 ounces