Manticore Deus 2 Side By Side Hunt Video

I just watched it before I logged in here. My take. The coins they are pulling are in the depth that I’ve been seeing. The manticore user is still learning his machine...the guy with the Deus 2 I’m forgetting his name right now....You don’t want to mess with as he’s a real pro with just about any detector he uses...what I’m still not seeing is good hunting technique..the guy with the Manticore does not turn on his targets...watch his feet maybe once or twice in the whole video..I have not dug a iron target that did not give some hint of it being iron prior. One of the better videos I’ve seen yet though...

Strick

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, strick said:

I just watched it before I logged in here. My take. The coins they are pulling are in the depth that I’ve been seeing. The manticore user is still learning his machine...the guy with the Deus 2 I’m forgetting his name right now....You don’t want to mess with as he’s a real pro with just about any detector he uses...what I’m still not seeing is good hunting technique..the guy with the Manticore does not turn on his targets...watch his feet maybe once or twice in the whole video..I have not dug a iron target that did not give some hint of it being iron prior. One of the better videos I’ve seen yet though...

Strick

Yep agree you have to walk round a target to get more info. Good video as well from experienced people will look forward to their next instalment. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, strick said:

Strick

Your observation about basic Iffy target investigation techniques is really important even for a detector as advanced as the Manticore. It would be too easy to just depend solely on what Target Trace is indicating in one swing plane and ignore contrary info from a 90 degree shift and swing.

Maybe the Manticore user did turn on those ferrous targets Off camera and decided to dig anyway. Or, maybe the visual iron indication from Target Trace has an effective depth limit that isn’t the same as the raw audio depth limit. I experience this often with XP detectors and others where the visual target identification tools reach their effective limit well before the audio tools on deep targets. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Your observation about basic Iffy target investigation techniques is really important even for a detector as advanced as the Manticore. It would be too easy to just depend solely on what Target Trace is indicating in one swing plane and ignore contrary info from a 90 degree shift and swing.

Maybe the Manticore user did turn on those ferrous targets Off camera and decided to dig anyway. Or, maybe the visual iron indication from Target Trace has an effective depth limit that isn’t the same as the raw audio depth limit. I experience this often with XP detectors where the visual target identification tools reach their effective limit well before the audio tools on deep targets. 

They said the park was full of trash so other non ferrous targets near by could effect the TT. The machine is fast but honestly in some of these trashy areas the 11" coil has no business being there but you have to use what you have. I seriously doubt the iron audio would not alert the user on an iron target at depth...I have not seen that happen yet where I'm detecting. I can only see that happening with nail with a large head oriented perfectly vertical and deep.  

strick

• Like 1

Speaking for me personally, when I get any new detector, I am digging everything.  From great signals to iffy signals and all in between.  It's my way of learning it.  I will intentionally dig bad signals just to see what they are and if the detector is having a tendency to misID things.  Especially on those one way hits that sound great from one angle and disappear from another angle.  That may be what the guy in the video is doing. It takes me several times out before I start trusting a machine enough to walk past signals.  By doing that, I learned early on with the F75 that passing up any target was a good way to leave good targets in the ground.  I learned the only way I could hunt with it and not miss much was in all metal mode and dig every target that didn't give a fast double beep. I personally liked the video.  No fluff. 

• Like 7

Sure was nice to see so many silver dimes being found. Reminded me of the heydays of metal detecting in the '70s and '80s. Silver in every hunt!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PSPR said:

That guy really knows his Deus II.  I was impressed with that as much as how good that dirt was!!  When you dig that deep in Texas you'll have 5 lbs of clay sticking to your digger.  :unsure:

I believe that "guy" is Carter Pennington from DetectorPro.....could be wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

5 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

I believe that's correct Jeff... they also took the opportunity to show off the new pulse uni probe from Detectorpro which looks intriguing by the way.Anyway thanks for posting the no B.S. video I enjoyed watching it.D.B.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1