Manticore Deus 2 Side By Side Hunt Video

Great video. That's what I like to see. That's exactly how me and a buddy hunt together. Always swinging over and comparing each other's targets. I will say this though when I'm using the 800 and my buddy using the D2 I am the one calling iron for him. He's probably not as good as the guy swinging the D2 in this video, but my buddy's got 80+ silvers for the year. Most of it with the D2. 

• Like 2

Just playing the devils advocate here, but I really wish instead of a D2 the other detector would have an Equinox 800. The guy swinging the Manticore mentions the Etrac and CTX having supposedly pounded this park. I can only assume other detectors too. I can understand the Etrac and CTX missing coins in high trash areas. I witnessed it myself with both detectors swinging over a find in thick modern trash. We all know the D2 has proved itself. I just personally find it hard to believe the Equinox had missed those coins. I'm 100% all in on the Manticore, but had the other detector been an Equinox I think it would have been more telling of the Manticore's enhanced abilities. Did he ever mention the Equinox and I missed it?  

• Like 1

I can't remember his name but isn't he from Detector Comparisons on YouTube? Or something like that. He is a pro and I watch his diving videos a lot. Excellent, truthful videos he has. I just received the Manticore, so my knowledge is limited, but I think the target trace has limits around the 5" range give or take. I dug a couple of nails over 5" deep and they did hit good, but with just a little trace in the top iron section. The problem is the audio is good and the target trace is stronger on the non ferrous and barely there on the top ferrous nail line. This will fool you every time. Mine were either bent or had a ball like glob on one end of the nail, or it was a thicker piece of iron. Some of them sounded good even after you opened the hole. Others not so good but I was trying to make them sound good. Also I think the 99 TID readings are usually the roll over from iron to non iron.In any event, I trust that video over others on You Tube.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, longbow62 said:

Just playing the devils advocate here, but I really wish instead of a D2 the other detector would have an Equinox 800. The guy swinging the Manticore mentions the Etrac and CTX having supposedly pounded this park. I can only assume other detectors too. I can understand the Etrac and CTX missing coins in high trash areas. I witnessed it myself with both detectors swinging over a find in thick modern trash. We all know the D2 has proved itself. I just personally find it hard to believe the Equinox had missed those coins. I'm 100% all in on the Manticore, but had the other detector been an Equinox I think it would have been more telling of the Manticore's enhanced abilities. Did he ever mention the Equinox and I missed it?  

Agree, would like to see these guys doing 900 vs. Manticore.

19 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

I can't remember his name but isn't he from Detector Comparisons on YouTube? Or something like that. He is a pro and I watch his diving videos a lot. Excellent, truthful videos he has. I just received the Manticore, so my knowledge is limited, but I think the target trace has limits around the 5" range give or take. I dug a couple of nails over 5" deep and they did hit good, but with just a little trace in the top iron section. The problem is the audio is good and the target trace is stronger on the non ferrous and barely there on the top ferrous nail line. This will fool you every time. Mine were either bent or had a ball like glob on one end of the nail, or it was a thicker piece of iron. Some of them sounded good even after you opened the hole. Others not so good but I was trying to make them sound good. Also I think the 99 TID readings are usually the roll over from iron to non iron.In any event, I trust that video over others on You Tube.

So I'm assuming you circled the targets you dug that turned out to be iron? Did they sound good tone wise all the way around? Did the I.D. jump around as you circled them? Did you raise the coil to gauge target size? Were you hunting with the horseshoe button on? Were you just basing the decision to dig on the tone you were getting? I'm beginning to get the impression Manticore users maybe chasing iron unless they see two separate targets on the screen. I guess that's going to depend on just how close they are. Sorry to get into the weeds here. 

6 hours ago, Doc Bach said:

I believe that's correct Jeff... they also took the opportunity to show off the new pulse uni probe from Detectorpro which looks intriguing by the way.Anyway thanks for posting the no B.S. video I enjoyed watching it.D.B.

Thanks I was curious what that pinpointer thing was, never seen one before. Looks like it's a PI probe?

I see it's attached to headphones in the ones for sale. Do they make one that is a self contained hand held unit? Almost tempted to buy one if so to use with the really big coils when prospecting.

2 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

I just received the Manticore, so my knowledge is limited, but I think the target trace has limits around the 5" range give or take. I dug a couple of nails over 5" deep and they did hit good, but with just a little trace in the top iron section. The problem is the audio is good and the target trace is stronger on the non ferrous and barely there on the top ferrous nail line. This will fool you every time. Mine were either bent or had a ball like glob on one end of the nail, or it was a thicker piece of iron. Some of them sounded good even after you opened the hole. Others not so good but I was trying to make them sound good. Also I think the 99 TID readings are usually the roll over from iron to non iron.In any event, I trust that video over others on You Tube.

Sounds like there's going to be a bit of a learning curve.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, longbow62 said:

So I'm assuming you circled the targets you dug that turned out to be iron? Did they sound good tone wise all the way around? Did the I.D. jump around as you circled them? Did you raise the coil to gauge target size? Were you hunting with the horseshoe button on? Were you just basing the decision to dig on the tone you were getting? I'm beginning to get the impression Manticore users maybe chasing iron unless they see two separate targets on the screen. I guess that's going to depend on just how close they are. Sorry to get into the weeds here. 

I did hit it from both directions (90 degrees) but not incrementally.  It sounded good tone wise most sweeps but not if you pulled back the coil a bit while swinging. In other words there was a sweet spot where it sounded good. Now remember I am trying to find deeper fringe targets, so some of the nails were at least 9" deep.  Only one target sounded good that was about 7" deep and still sounded good when the hole was opened.  By jumpy do you mean, off by 2 or 3 numbers or off by lots of numbers? Almost every target I dug was off by at least 2 or 3 numbers. That's probably just by not swinging exactly the same spot from the previous swing. But even some coins bounced from 62 to 84. I believe although you can't hear the EMI on the machine (runs quieter), you still are exposed to it and the jumpy numbers happened when I was closer to a building on the grounds. I was in all metal with iron audio off, but later at 2. I don't care for the iron audio on, since the ground causes some of those grunts you hear. I was in 5 tone and the numbers matched the tone. The were in the dime range mostly. I think what is happening is falsing of the iron hits on the non ferrous scale. I did not raise the coil, but being that deep I don't think it would have given me any other information on size, etc. Lift the coil and the targets would probably disappear fairly fast. I'll try and dissect an iron target more if I get out once the weather heats up enough to dig. This was first time out trying some settings I thought would give me the best chance for deep silver and possibly for gold.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, abenson said:

Sounds like there's going to be a bit of a leaning curve.

There's always a learning curve, but no different from any other detector. There was a learning curve for me with the E Trac, CTX and GPX. I expect one here as well😄 But for a first hunt I think there were more pluses than minuses. I got deep silver, I don't worry as much about EMI, my coil was not wobbling around from a crappy shaft 🙄 and I dug a ton of coins. Easy to navigate, easy to pair the headphones  🥰 thank God 😄. I just have to study what is happening with the iron in more detail. Once I get a grip on that, then I have to study aluminum vs gold numbers to see if there is a way to eliminate a chunk of the pull tabs without eliminating big regions of rings. I'll dig the rest of the pull tabs if there is a chance for some gold. I just wish it wasn't winter.

• Like 2