Manticore Deus 2 Side By Side Hunt Video

Jumping back to the comparison, the really experienced guy with the deus II and the new Manticore user were basically able to hit the same deep targets. I have pulled deep targets with my Enox in old parks, but very little silver, the silver I did find was on edge in trash and a little deep. I have quite a few old parks to hunt, hoping the M Core reaches some silver.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dug D said:

Jumping back to the comparison, the really experienced guy with the deus II and the new Manticore user were basically able to hit the same deep targets. I have pulled deep targets with my Enox in old parks, but very little silver, the silver I did find was on edge in trash and a little deep. I have quite a few old parks to hunt, hoping the M Core reaches some silver.

That video also shows how technology today is very close to each other and the operator has a lot to do with it as well. If you click with the D2 you will probably always be equivalent to the person who clicks with the Manticore.  Both machines hit on all the good targets. The only difference was the iron targets. All things being equal, the final winner will be the person who is the better detectorist and understands their machine better. Great video

• Like 1

Almost all the silver I find deep. Extremely rare it's not at least 6". Most of my park silver is border line detectable. So like you I'm mainly looking for the deep high tone whispers. I can't wait to get my Manticore and test it for myself. I do appreciate you guys who have them already posting your experiences. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

I dug a couple of nails over 5" deep and they did hit good, but with just a little trace in the top iron section. The problem is the audio is good and the target trace is stronger on the non ferrous and barely there on the top ferrous nail line. This will fool you every time. Mine were either bent or had a ball like glob on one end of the nail, or it was a thicker piece of iron. Some of them sounded good even after you opened the hole. Others not so good but I was trying to make them sound good. 

2 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

I was in all metal with iron audio off, but later at 2. I don't care for the iron audio on, since the ground causes some of those grunts you hear.

I did put one iron target in my pouch that had a blob on the end of it...sounded good all the way till I dug it..maybe  washer is on there or something.

quote #2.. so you were just looking a for the red line to determine if you were over an iron target with the audio off ? 

strick 

Yep. I watched that one last night. Very good video. Love seeing them compare signals, but I agree… doing it without the headphones would’ve made it even better. Either way, very well done. That’s the kind of videos I like to see.

30 minutes ago, strick said:

I did put one iron target in my pouch that had a blob on the end of it...sounded good all the way till I dug it..maybe  washer is on there or something.

quote #2.. so you were just looking a for the red line to determine if you were over n iron target get with the audio off ? 

strick 

Hey I'll message you. I drifted off topic on this. It's easy when a new machine comes out. Old age I guess on my part😄 I don't want to derail the topic again.  Thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jasong said:

Thanks I was curious what that pinpointer thing was, never seen one before. Looks like it's a PI probe?

I see it's attached to headphones in the ones for sale. Do they make one that is a self contained hand held unit? Almost tempted to buy one if so to use with the really big coils when prospecting.

Hey jasong DetectorPro does make a land and sea PI traditional style pin pointer but no self contained probe only the wired into Headphones model.If one does not mind being tethered to their detector it seem to be a pretty sweet setup and they claim that it works with most detector models i hope that answers your question.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, schoolofhardNox said:

I did hit it from both directions (90 degrees) but not incrementally.  It sounded good tone wise most sweeps but not if you pulled back the coil a bit while swinging. In other words there was a sweet spot where it sounded good. Now remember I am trying to find deeper fringe targets, so some of the nails were at least 9" deep.  Only one target sounded good that was about 7" deep and still sounded good when the hole was opened.  By jumpy do you mean, off by 2 or 3 numbers or off by lots of numbers? Almost every target I dug was off by at least 2 or 3 numbers. That's probably just by not swinging exactly the same spot from the previous swing. But even some coins bounced from 62 to 84. I believe although you can't hear the EMI on the machine (runs quieter), you still are exposed to it and the jumpy numbers happened when I was closer to a building on the grounds. I was in all metal with iron audio off, but later at 2. I don't care for the iron audio on, since the ground causes some of those grunts you hear. I was in 5 tone and the numbers matched the tone. The were in the dime range mostly. I think what is happening is falsing of the iron hits on the non ferrous scale. I did not raise the coil, but being that deep I don't think it would have given me any other information on size, etc. Lift the coil and the targets would probably disappear fairly fast. I'll try and dissect an iron target more if I get out once the weather heats up enough to dig. This was first time out trying some settings I thought would give me the best chance for deep silver and possibly for gold.

I know I sound like a broken record here, but with the Equinox I hardly dig any iron. That's with a F2-0 Iron bias. I always hunt with the horseshoe on.

On the Equinox in my dirt easy iron targets usually just one way high tone. You turn and the high tone is replaced with iron grunt. Even the good direction is usually jumpy though. It seldom stays within +/- 3 numbers. If I get one ways that have a solid I.D. I'm prone to dig those.

Tough deep iron targets usually have large I.D. swings as you circle. I.D. jumps from a number you expect for silver 28-34 to 35+. If I see 38-39 I call that iron especially if it goes from ultra high I.D. to the teens and below as I completely circle the target hovering/wiggling. I like to stick the shovel blade in the ground a time or two and swing again to see what changed. Many times it will start grunting in at least one direction after you do that.

If the detector is giving me every shovel blacked out and I can lift the coil and I don't lose the target real quick I'm prone to say that's a piece of iron bigger than a coin.

Now if the Manticore is somehow locking on falsing iron with a steady I.D. on the non-ferrous line and you circle without seeing or hearing the telltale iron giveaways that's going to be a big issue. I just can't believe that would be the case.    

8 minutes ago, longbow62 said:

I know I sound like a broken record here, but with the Equinox I hardly dig any iron. That's with a F2-0 Iron bias. I always hunt with the horseshoe on.

On the Equinox in my dirt easy iron targets usually just one way high tone. You turn and the high tone is replaced with iron grunt. Even the good direction is usually jumpy though. It seldom stays within +/- 3 numbers. If I get one ways that have a solid I.D. I'm prone to dig those.

Tough deep iron targets usually have large I.D. swings as you circle. I.D. jumps from a number you expect for silver 28-34 to 35+. If I see 38-39 I call that iron especially if it goes from ultra high I.D. to the teens and below as I completely circle the target hovering/wiggling. I like to stick the shovel blade in the ground a time or two and swing again to see what changed. Many times it will start grunting in at least one direction after you do that.

If the detector is giving me every shovel blacked out and I can lift the coil and I don't lose the target real quick I'm prone to say that's a piece of iron bigger than a coin.

Now if the Manticore is somehow locking on falsing iron with a steady I.D. on the non-ferrous line and you circle without seeing or hearing the telltale iron giveaways that's going to be a big issue. I just can't believe that would be the case.    

If you watch the video posted here, then you can sorta get a glimpse of how the numbers were and maybe catch a look at the 2 D screen. Remember these guys were just trying out a good old park and trying to compare detectors. We really didn't get a very good long look at the Manticore screen while hitting those iron targets. The iron thing will work itself out in a while and if not you may dig some more iron than a Deus. But I bet it took some time to learn what iron is on a Deus as well. The good thing was both machines heard the good targets.

• Like 6