Old Gold Ring About To Celebrate Its 130th Birthday

Dcraun

Def worth another look so thanks for posting from the looks of it they lost it rather quickly as the engraving is hardly worn.

strick

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Love the old style inscription!  And a Great save!!

I have a lot of oldies similar and after researching several I was only able to locate one owner. Its tough tracking down after many years. Luckily the guy was well documented on several things and his marriage. If I remember correct it was around the same date as yours.

Simply a stunning piece of history!  Love the simplicity of the band and the beautiful calligraphy inscribed inside.  Having a date as well as initials is priceless.  Great dig!!!

• Like 2

Beautiful ring! I remember that post. 👍

Love how dirty/dusty your D2 is in the photos. 😀 Now that it's winter the low sun angle and dust make it hard to read the screen. 😏 Doesn't matter much, walking around the target helps with that. 😀

Almost 10g! My D2 14k find was only about 5. 👍

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

That sure did look nice peeking out from the dirt !

When the detector went over it , did it go honk instead of beep ?

There was a lot of square nails around it I found it near a structure that burnt down. I remember I had to wiggle the coil over it to get it to really lock on but it was a much higher VDI than you would expect I can’t remember the exact number but it is in my original post.