Is It Possible To Waterproof The Ws6?

CPT_GhostLight

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all!

Here's a topic that F350 brought up in another thread. I didn't want to hijack that thread so I'm starting a new one.

Is there a way to waterproof or at least increase the water resistance of the WS6 Puck and still be able to mount it on the stem adapter on the shaft? I thought about putting the puck in a smaller (3-3.5") zip lock bag and pushing it back into the stem adapter. That might also provide an attachment point for the antenna wire to be near the puck so you could submerse the coil.  I know the puck wouldn't be submersible, but it might keep water from wave splashes from soaking it.

Has anyone tried to do something like this to use the WS6 Master setup on the beach near the water?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all!

Here's a topic that F350 brought up in another thread. I didn't want to hijack that thread so I'm starting a new one.

Is there a way to waterproof or at least increase the water resistance of the WS6 Puck and still be able to mount it on the stem adapter on the shaft? I thought about putting the puck in a smaller (3-3.5") zip lock bag and pushing it back into the stem adapter. That might also provide an attachment point for the antenna wire to be near the puck so you could submerse the coil.  I know the puck wouldn't be submersible, but it might keep water from wave splashes from soaking it.

Has anyone tried to do something like this to use the WS6 Master setup on the beach near the water?

Cap'n, feel free to hijack my posts, I often post specifically to get people to throw ideas around. That was SteveG's post I hijacked 🤣 I'm also interested in if he can make a convertible shaft, two short extensions after the grip so's you can move the camlock to either one to make the shaft straight or "S". 😀 I could see a use there.

I'm pretty sure a Ziploc would work well, it's possible Pelican makes some sort of small waterproof bag too. The WS6 fits pretty tight in the adapter, so mils are an obstacle. 

Wish they made it water resistant like the WSA II. 🤔 Seems to me that it would have been pretty easy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, midalake said:

I KNOW>>>My direct connection with hard wired headphones is 100% waterproof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

How does that help the OP?

• Like 1

The setup that Carolina referenced that is made by XP has worked for me with the WS4.....I probably won't be using it with my WS6 since I bought a Legend for that kind of hunting. Hang it anywhere you want. The end of the antenna just needs to be within a few inches of the WS4 or WS6 out of the water off course. I just taped the end of the antenna on the outside of the bag right on top of my WS4 and even under water it worked.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Carolina said:

There are waterproof set ups for the WS6 for sale.

AB800020-BFCE-4733-80FD-CA248DE8BB94.jpeg

15 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

The setup that Carolina referenced that is made by XP has worked for me with the WS4.....I probably won't be using it with my WS6 since I bought a Legend for that kind of hunting. Hang it anywhere you want. The end of the antenna just needs to be within a few inches of the WS4 or WS6 out of the water off course. I just taped the end of the antenna on the outside of the bag right on top of my WS4 and even under water it worked.

Thanks guys. I was aware of that setup which Jeff had mentioned before, and it's not a bad way to go, but F350 and I were discussing ideas for an at least water resistant solution using the puck mounted on the shaft, ala WS6 Master, so that the VID can be easily seen. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

but F350 and I were discussing ideas for an at least water resistant solution using the puck mounted on the shaft, ala WS6 Master, so that the VID can be easily seen

Not going to happen due to the charging port I think. With no back light and my blind eyes, I can’t hardly see what’s up right in front of my face haha.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1