Help With Nokta Detector Purchase Please

Welcome to the forum!

Opinions always differ of course. If the goal is over 50% of the time nugget detecting I would go FORS Gold+

If mostly coins, jewelry etc with only occasional nugget detecting the FORS CoRe would be my recommendation.

• Like 1

If you are going to be chasing gold and also will be coin hunting as well, you might consider the Fors Relic, although named "Relic" it is an excellent coin hunting machine and will give you the same 19khz as the Fors Gold +. The Relic offers 6 modes of search ( general, 2 tone, 3 tone, Deep, Swift and Conductive Ground.) whereas the Fors Gold + offers three. Also with the Relic you will get Iron Audio Volume and Tone Breaks. It really is a good all round machine. The Relic has worked extremely well in some of the iron infested ghost towns we hunt. 

Anyhow just a thought.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OregonGregg said:

If you are going to be chasing gold and also will be coin hunting as well, you might consider the Fors Relic, although named "Relic" it is an excellent coin hunting machine and will give you the same 19khz as the Fors Gold +. The Relic offers 6 modes of search ( general, 2 tone, 3 tone, Deep, Swift and Conductive Ground.) whereas the Fors Gold + offers three. Also with the Relic you will get Iron Audio Volume and Tone Breaks. It really is a good all round machine. The Relic has worked extremely well in some of the iron infested ghost towns we hunt. 

Anyhow just a thought.

Thanks guys.

2 hours ago, Big ted said:

Howdy guys and girls. I live in Australia and would like to know which is the best of the nokta fors range?

I agree with Steve and Gregg but I have heard also that your ground can be very mineralized.  So check with your local forums for your area and double check to see that whatever detector you choose can deal with the type of ground you have locally prior to purchase.  

• Like 1

I'm a Nokta & Makro agent here in South Oz. The Fors Gold is basically a Fors CoRe with white coils, minus the Salt Mode. Both of these units operate at 15 kHz, and have a simple all-metal search mode. 

The Fors Gold + (plus) is the only Fors unit where you can adjust the SAT in all-metal to give you a smoother threshold. It also comes stock with a 10x5" and 5" round coil. In my experience, the difference between 15-19 kHz is very slight, and if each unit is tuned to conditions, you won't really notice any difference in performance. However, over the years I have seen 19-20 kHz units handle mineralised soils better than lower freq units - I think this is the main reason why the Gold+ and Relic seem to be having a slight edge over the CoRe and Racer in mineralised soils. 

The Fors Relic is clearly the winner when it comes to versatility - the only reason someone may still opt for the Gold+ is if they are more interested in gold, and don't really see themselves venturing to the beach. 

Hope that helps.

Nenad

• Like 1