Nox 900 Has Dead Horseshoe Button Out Of The Box

Chase Goldman

Subject says it all.  Got a whole 5 minutes of quality run time before I discovered the defect. ML early production QC living down to expectations.  Simon you can add this to your ML quality list of grievances.  🤣  Will let you all know how it goes with warranty service. 🫥  Merry Christmas!

• Sad 5
  • Oh my! 5

• The title was changed to Nox 900 Has Dead Horseshoe Button Out Of The Box

19 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Subject says it all.  Got a whole 5 minutes of quality run time before I discovered the defect. ML early production QC living down to expectations.  Simon you can add this to your ML quality list of grievances.  🤣  Will let you all know how it goes with warranty service. 🫥  Merry Christmas!

I don't want to start a whole new debate on companies and profit. But I will state my point again, 'when companies sole reason for being, is profit, they lose their way.' I will stand corrected but it seems that Minelab are subcontracting to overseas manufactures, probably to the cheapest. Garrett on the other hand are still making their detectors in the U.S.A. With due respect to the countries in question and I'm only commenting on subcontracting to save money, but ' if you pay peanuts you get monkeys'

• Like 2

Thats a real bummer Chase, it is so disappointing when things like that happen. I see CD on YouTube has a faulty button on his 900, not sure which button but...it is faulty as well.

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Will let you all know how it goes with warranty service.

Is it possible to swap that new unit with another from your dealer?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

That's rough Chase. 😵 Used to buy hundreds of computers a year, we expected at least 5 to be DIB (dead in box), no matter what "quality manufacturer" we got them from. Looks like it missed a quality check presale.

Hope you get this resolved quickly. 🙂

• Like 1

Kind of takes the air out of the balloon when you're excited to see what the new machine has to offer and something does not work. It's never the end of the world, but very disappointing, especially if you compare old Minelab quality and rugged build, to new Minelab quality and build. Something has obviously changed and not for the better.  I hope it gets resolved quickly.

• Like 2

I honestly hope this isn't the start of another round of dodgy detectors from Minelab.  It's so very disappointing to read stuff like this.  The odd occasional detector with a factory DOA fault is fine, it happens, it's when it's widespread I get concerned, too early to say yet but not overly looking good with how few have one vs how many already have problems.

• Like 2

That's such disappointing news, Chase. Looks like Minelab still has a lot to learn about component suppliers and manufacturing quality control. Nothing learned from their Equinox foray. I wonder how long it will be until the leak reports start coming in. Probably when warm weather returns in the US.

Good luck, Chase. I hope the FT Bedford repair depot has laid in a good supply of control pods and you get a quick turnaround.

• Like 1