Nox 900 Has Dead Horseshoe Button Out Of The Box

Chase Goldman

5 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I honestly hope this isn't the start of another round of dodgy detectors from Minelab.  It's so very disappointing to read stuff like this.  The odd occasional detector with a factory DOA fault is fine, it happens, it's when it's widespread I get concerned, too early to say yet but not overly looking good with how few have one vs how many already have problems.

Agreed.  Put it up here mainly as a data point for future reference.  We'll see if it's a one off or two off or harbinger for other build issues.  Really liked what I saw for the short time I ran it. 

EMI handling seemed to be similar to the 800.  Normal Tones and dP audio were as expected.  But really hard to come to any solid conclusions until I get my replacement unit.

• Like 2

That really sucks………….

So far, no problems with mine but I might have 3 hours using it and only half of that was outside before this whole area became a block of ice.

• Like 2

Tomorrow I'm meeting a friend for a hunt. We'll have a Nox 800 and 900 (1st time out) with us. Now, in addition to focusing on finding targets we'll have to hope that all the buttons work.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, TedinVT said:

Good luck, Chase. I hope the FT Bedford repair depot has laid in a good supply of control pods and you get a quick turnaround.

Unfortunately, I think I am going to be in that early group that are waiting for repair inventory to show up.  We'll see when I reach out to Keith and Co. this week.

I have a D2 and my ol' Nox still works so I have no problem with exercising the warranty support route rather than exchanging detectors with my dealer.  Either way I have to ship product.  This way I only have to send the defective stuff to ML and I can assess and report on the process at this early juncture for the benefit of others who might find themselves in the same boat.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Subject says it all.  Got a whole 5 minutes of quality run time before I discovered the defect. ML early production QC living down to expectations.  Simon you can add this to your ML quality list of grievances.  🤣  Will let you all know how it goes with warranty service. 🫥  Merry Christmas!

I have to say it because no one else has...did you try a factory reset?

strick

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

strick, you made me spit my orange juice on my keyboard! if it doesn't survive you're to blame! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

To follow up on Strick, what position is it in?  On or Off

Now we have to be more specific.  Is default like the 800 with discriminate On?  I say when I press the horseshoe I'm turning it Off.  That turns On all metal.

3 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

To follow up on Strick, what position is it in?  On or Off

Now we have to be more specific.  Is default like the 800 with discriminate On?  I say when I press the horseshoe I'm turning it Off.  That turns On all metal.

It won't shift any of the modes out of their preset discrimination patterns.  The switch does not click like the others on the keypad and is non-responsive.  Even a factory reset won't fix ML's poor factory quality track record.  😜

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So sorry to hear of the problem on your new unit especially on Christmas day.

Hopefully you will get it back with no more issues.

Good luck and I hope everything else goes well for you this Christmas season.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

It won't shift any of the modes out of their preset discrimination patterns.  The switch does not click like the others on the keypad and is non-responsive.  Even a factory reset won't fix ML's poor factory quality track record.  😜

My 800 control module had to be replaced when the On/Off switch broke.

There is certainly something going on with their Malaysia manufacturing.  I wonder who that sub is there.

Does your literature say Manufactured in Malaysia?

• Like 1