Nox 900 Has Dead Horseshoe Button Out Of The Box

Chase Goldman

10 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Subject says it all.  Got a whole 5 minutes of quality run time before I discovered the defect. ML early production QC living down to expectations.  Simon you can add this to your ML quality list of grievances.  🤣  Will let you all know how it goes with warranty service. 🫥  Merry Christmas!

Sorry to hear that Chase, I would have been gutted, hope its sorted out quickly for you.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mn90403 said:

My 800 control module had to be replaced when the On/Off switch broke.

There is certainly something going on with their Malaysia manufacturing.  I wonder who that sub is there.

Does your literature say Manufactured in Malaysia?

Yes.  ML manufactures everything there.  

• Thanks 1

Man, that sucks! Sorry to hear that. This makes two people I've seen reporting button issues out of the handful of detectors they've shipped so far. Makes me a little worried about the ones on my inbound Manticore. Hopefully they'll get it straightened out for you in a timely manner.

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

Seeing stuff like this makes me hope the delay on the Manticore is because they've found a problem they are fixing before release, I'd much rather that to be happening than mine arrive and have to send it right back to them again.   As always with Minelab there has been a lack of communication why it's delayed.  A little release notice explaining the issue wouldn't hurt, bet dealers would love to get it, they're the ones fielding all the unhappy customers questions and they know about as much as we do.

• Like 2

Today we hunted several hours in a park, with my friend using the Nox 900 and me using the 800. The good news is that all the buttons on the 900 seem to be working as they should. My friend is a novice detectorist so this fact along with him trying to learn a new detector made it challenging to get much meaningful feedback. He did say that he dug deeper holes than he did when he was using my 800 the past month but he acknowledged that this might be due to him getting better at target recovery.

I'm sure that I found quite a few more coins than he did but I also have 50 years more experience and the 800 is still a very capable machine despite all the other new detectors available. No silver for either one of us but he got a couple of Wheaties and I dug 3 that were about "3 bars" down. We hope to get down to the beach during the next week to see how the 900 handles the salt environment and black sand.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Table tested the ML EQ 900 received from Gerry’s Detectors on the ML 6” DD, ML 11” DD plus a new CT NOX 10”x 5” DD coils. After pairing the headphones, tested all the search modes of the EQ900 with each coil both with the horseshoe “All Metal” button on & off. Tested all the settings using all the buttons. Tested both the external speaker and headphones. Tested all the buttons, all clicked and functioned. Ran through a few advance settings then preformed several factory resets. Ran all targets with all metal “on” then “off”. To date no issues found, like the tones. Targets used ranged from a hot rock, a square nail, a wire paper staple, US coins, pull tabs, shoot gun brass, lead bullet, lead shot plus various sizes of lead. Tested the back light settings, need to read up on the flashlight and vibrating handle.

After the current storm blows through at the end of the week head out for some field testing. So far so good. The unit came charged, Gerry may have charged & tested the unit prior to shipment. Priority Mail departed Boise on the 12/22 arrived 12/24. 

• Like 1

Chase, hope you get this resolved fast.  The 900 is what we thought we bought in 2018 minus the shaft, vibro grip and light, looking more like it was a long drawn out prototype we paid in to test.