9 hours ago, blackjack said:

所以你去了 Ethan,Steve 的回答不那么含糊。我的帖子不是为了以某种方式说服您,我没有使用过任何一台机器,只是为了指出我从可靠来源了解的 6000。我已经向你建议过,问问题是我们学习的方式,困难的部分是决定哪个答案是正确的。我也建议您问的问题越多,答案可能会变得越清晰。我一直关注你的帖子的原因之一是你说你是“绿色”并且正在寻求建议,我已经检测了 45 年但是当涉及到 PI 机器时,我比你“更绿色” . 所以我对你做出的决定以及你如何使用你选择的机器很感兴趣,因为我可能很快就会处于同样的位置。正如史蒂夫在他的帖子中所说,它似乎确实是用于课程的马,这可以解释为什么人们有许多探测器。就我个人而言,答案变得更加清晰,Axiom 似乎确实有优势,它似乎更通用。

Hey Jack i am probobly going to see second hand next week. 3 hour drive. Gpz 7000 for 6000 dollars built in 2019, just out of warranty. Either or, I think yes to master a machine is more important than thinking of which to buy. Will get back to you soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Adelaide said:

Hey Jack i am probobly going to see second hand next week. 3 hour drive. Gpz 7000 for 6000 dollars built in 2019, just out of warranty. Either or, I think yes to master a machine is more important than thinking of which to buy. Will get back to you soon. 

Thanks, let me know how you go. Yeah that's the idea, do it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, blackjack said:

So there you go Ethan, a less evasive answer from Steve. My post wasn't to convince you one way or another, I've not used either machine, it was just to point out what I know about the 6000 from a reliable source. I have suggested to you that asking questions is how we learn, the hard part is deciding which answer is correct. I also suggested that the more questions you ask the clearer the answer may become. One of the reasons I have been following your posts is that you said you were 'green' and was looking for advice, well I've been detecting for 45 years but when it comes to P.I. machines, I'm 'greener' than you. So I'm interested in what decision you make and how you go with the machine you choose, because I may be in the same position shortly. As Steve said in his post it does seem to be horses for courses, which would explain why people have a number of detectors. For me personally, the answer is becoming a little clearer, the Axiom does seem to have the edge, it appears to be more versatile.

Anyone that’s follows my posts knows I have not been evasive on the 6000 Vs Axiom. It’s just not my place to tell people what to decide or think. It's also early days still and not like I know everything there is to know, so people really should wait for more information if they can. That's not being evasive, that's being honest.

All detectors have strengths and weaknesses. There are no one size fits all solutions. None! I can’t stand fan boys and the “my detector is best” attitude. No, it’s not. It just suits that person best. My best might suck for you. What I try to do is clarify what a detector is best at. If you can figure out what a detector does best, you can leverage that strength to your advantage. Most people focus on negatives, but that’s just not me. I focus on positives by nature.

So yeah, depending on the person, the budget, the ground, the gold itself, the hot rocks, the trash, either the Axiom or the 6000 might be the better choice. I can be happy with either. If I could have only one for the next ten years, which to own? I lean 6000 but due to my situation it’s not a slam dunk. It might be for others, no doubt is. Versatility does matter to me however, and I plan on using the Axiom for beach detecting as much as nugget hunting. It is the more versatile detector by far. I’d really not recommend the 6000 for anything other than nugget detecting, though it can be used for other stuff, and Axiom fits the bill far better if you are thinking about anything but nugget detecting. If all you want are gold nuggets a GPX 6000 is a very safe choice.

The Axiom is just getting into customer hands now. Ignore the super fast Tubers just looking to be the first to have a video out, and wait for people who get 50-100 hours on the detector before thinking they have a clue what they are talking about. This will all sort out in the next few months I am sure.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Anyone that’s follows my posts knows I have not been evasive on the 6000 Vs Axiom. It’s just not my place to tell people what to decide or think. It's also early days still and not like I know everything there is to know, so people really should wait for more information if they can. That's not being evasive, that's being honest.

All detectors have strengths and weaknesses. There are no one size fits all solutions. None! I can’t stand fan boys and the “my detector is best” attitude. No, it’s not. It just suits that person best. My best might suck for you. What I try to do is clarify what a detector is best at. If you can figure out what a detector does best, you can leverage that strength to your advantage. Most people focus on negatives, but that’s just not me. I focus on positives by nature.

So yeah, depending on the person, the budget, the ground, the gold itself, the hot rocks, the trash, either the Axiom or the 6000 might be the better choice. I can be happy with either. If I could have only one for the next ten years, which to own? I lean 6000 but due to my situation it’s not a slam dunk. It might be for others, no doubt is. Versatility does matter to me however, and I plan on using the Axiom for beach detecting as much as nugget hunting. It is the more versatile detector by far. I’d really not recommend the 6000 for anything other than nugget detecting, though it can be used for other stuff, and Axiom fits the bill far better if you are thinking about anything but nugget detecting. If all you want are gold nuggets a GPX 6000 is a very safe choice.

The Axiom is just getting into customer hands now. Ignore the super fast Tubers just looking to be the first to have a video out, and wait for people who get 50-100 hours on the detector before thinking they have a clue what they are talking about. This will all sort out in the next few months I am sure.

Hey Steve thanks for you interest, I was never suggesting you were evasive, just that your second post to Ethan gave him more of your idea of the two machines, compared to the first answer. I'm also aware that you often comment on detectors like your excellent post on 22nd dec. Is The Axiom Our New King ???? thanks for that, hopefully Ethan read that. DP is a valuable recourse for all of us, your hard work doesn't go unnoticed, thanks.

• Haha 1