Quartzite Az. 2023

wyo85

Which club are you looking at? If the Quartzsite Metal Detecting Club, their claims get hit hard, but a few nuggets keep being found. I've had some success on those claims, but it is pretty slow going. Let us know a bit more as I know a number of forum folks have detected the area.

Mike

• Like 1

GPAA has claims there and open land is around also.  If you are new to detecting and need some help you might want to look up Bunk.  He is a bit south of Quartzsite.

Quartzite Metal Detecting Club is the claims,  member ship is only around $20 for a year . Was going to try my NM Legend out for gold , I was also thinking about picking up a NM Gold Kruzer before I leave. Can a guy find some washes that are not claimed that produce a little gold?

21 hours ago, wyo85 said:

Can a guy find some washes that are not claimed that produce a little gold?

That is the million dollar question. One way to find out is get out there yourself & go prospecting. You never know your luck. Then you can tell us.

D4G

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The NM Gold Kruzer detector is on the way, I figure to spend the first week on the club claims learning the new Kruzer and checking out my NM  Legend detector for gold . The second week I will be roaming the desert with my jeep checking out the washes that are within a 20 mile radius of Quartzsite ,hopefully I don't have to go out farther to find opened unclaimed ground with washes to detect.  .  My body not what is was 40 years ago detecting , 3 or 4 hours and I'm done for the day now,  should work out ok with the temps rising midday . It looks like it won't happen until the last week of February or the first part of March  .

• Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 8:32 AM, wyo85 said:

The second week I will be roaming the desert with my jeep checking out the washes that are within a 20 mile radius of Quartzsite ,hopefully I don't have to go out farther to find opened unclaimed ground with washes to detect. 

You may want to spend some time before the trip researching possible unclaimed BLM land rather than just aimlessly roaming.  If you haven't used already, I would suggest using Land Matters to help narrow down possibilities.

Mining Claims Maps (mylandmatters.org)

OR, just stick to the club claims and work the fringes.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I actually use to do pretty well with a VLF a long time ago right along I-10 near Dome Rock Rd exit. Would hunt after midnight due to the semi-traffic but I think that trick has been played out too. I dont know the Nokta but I would stay on what appears to be solid bedrock.... That area has been hit hard and the most findable gold is going to be smaller pieces. Not to say there is no bigger pieces left but you need to be low and slow with a multi roll VLF. My best advise..... Take a rake with you and rake areas that have signs.