Quartzite Az. 2023

wyo85

On 12/26/2022 at 1:35 PM, wyo85 said:

Any one ever detect the gold club clams in Quartzite and maybe have some good advice , I,m planning on a couple weeks in January or February in 2023.

A bit of advice - when exploring out there (and other similar areas in AZ, but especially Q) - keep an eye out for areas with a bunch of old rusty 9V batteries. Many of those spots are old patches. When I first started detecting seriously I did ok by just searching for 9V's out there haha. 😁 Sometimes you can see some eroded raking too, other times they weren't raked, or other times it's eroded enough to be difficult to recognize but in combination with the 9V's you'll recognize it.

Nowadays I'm sure they've all been hit hard. But the ones that weren't hit so hard probably still have stuff the older detectors simply didn't have the power/tech to hit, so scraps remain.

6 hours ago, jasong said:

Nowadays I'm sure they've all been hit hard. But the ones that weren't hit so hard probably still have stuff the older detectors simply didn't have the power/tech to hit, so scraps remain.

Are you saying there is an advantage to some of the new detectors?  haha

On most of the 'new detector' threads people try to say that a new detector doesn't make much difference.

I like the battery tip.