What Is Expected In The Upcoming Update?

Skate

I'm just curious what most folks are expecting XP to upgrade to in the D2 update? What are some of the things they need to fix software wise? I've heard the update will be released at the end of this year so if it is it's a few days away. 

Inquiring minds want to know

• Like 4

As I'm sure y'all know, a Swiss Army knife can have too many blades. 🤔

Gotta say without having had more complicated detectors than the E600, it took a while to understand how all the different controls work together, but I'm very happy with my progress so far, and hope to gain even more understanding moving forward. I haven't used the gold modes Chase mentions, but was able to tweak it so it hits on tiny gold chains too. Looking forward to upcoming beach trips in the spring.

It's the lightest detector there is, it's extremely adjustable, it's solidly waterproof so far, what more could you ask for? It's also the most versatile with the WS6 option that I plan to explore in the coming weeks. Yeah it's a little temperamental and fiddly in the charging, but it's a winner to me.

My only fear is that any upgrade would set us back some if they make major changes. I'd hate to relearn what I already learned. 😬

• Like 4

I’d love to see an expanded high conductor range.  I don’t even know if that’s possible, but that’s my wish😍!

There’s one other thing:  I wish the ground balance would stabilize in 4 or 5 pumps instead of 12 or 13 pumps (yes I count them).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

I’d love to see an expanded high conductor range.  I don’t even know if that’s possible, but that’s my wish😍!

There’s one other thing:  I wish the ground balance would stabilize in 4 or 5 pumps instead of 12 or 13 pumps (yes I count them).

The compressed high conductor range is a good point.  To fix that, XP simply needs to normalize TIDs to a lower reference operating frequency.  It appears that XP is using 18khz as its reference for TID normalization which is what they used as the normalization frequency on D1 (except for the HF coils which were not normalized with the higher HF frequencies really compressing the high end TIDs)  Using 4 or 8khz would expand the upper end TID range, not sure if there would be any down side to doing that, but it was possible to "de-normalize" target IDs on the D1 while using those lower frequencies.

• Like 7

A more robust WS6 with a backlight ( yea I know I am going off the soft update topic .. ).

A simpler WS6 menu ergonomy which it is sometimes tricky for me 

Like F350platinium I am very happy with the current version ( I always use the SENSITIVE mode ) , and I hope they wont do major changes , at least for this mode ... 🙂

• Like 1

guys the deus 2 is a great metal detector but it needs an update done right, 
xp has been silent for too long..hope it's not because they can't fix the problems...
the deus 2 needs an update that improves the full tones audio absolutely, 
it is urgently necessary to solve the tdi bug when hunting in iron as demonstrated by many videos on youtube 
the good targets when they are close to iron show ferrous tdi, the clock does not work, 
I think they should wake up the mode a bit single frequency as it is not very performing

ps: also the notch function seems to bust the TDI completely
  • Like 2

• A lot of good ideas were mentioned. Besides those. I still have occasional MI 6 connectivity issues. Having to turn it off and back on again to get it connected is annoying. 
  • Yes, a reliable clock would be nice.
  • Like 1

1) Fix Full Tones. 

2) Fix issue with iron falsing at 85-87.

3) Fix issue with notched comingled targets pulling down ID to 07-09.

4) Fix poor performance on micro gold.

One that I *wish* could be fixed is the up-averaging of copper memorials which sometimes read well up into the 90s, though I'm not sure if that's even possible.

• Like 5