AQ Impulse, Depth Testing, Emi Rejection Issue

I deleted the high EMI depth test in the OOW thread and retested at an outside test site with basically no EMI. Results basically the same. I tried 7us, 11us, and varied ATS. Same results. (Replaced video with one from this new location)

1 hour ago, bklein said:

17.77mm ID

It's US size 7.5.. I don't have many 18k's .. Have to look thru my pics n see if can find close to yours ...  Here is one,  (Size 😎8 )( 8grams). If I can find it, very close. Checking for more.. Just found one closer I think, more uniform in shape.. 

281847_2.jpg

OBN0442.jpg

4 hours ago, bklein said:

Really the nickel test is all I’m concerned about as that’s what Fisher tests. You’ve already had better results than I have.

I have a suggestion. How bout pack up your car and go detecting? Seems you are beating a dead horse to me. Good luck. 

I found this video on YouTube

First "error", you sweep the target below the searchcoil without ever leaving it, the ATS therefore takes over and the detector ends up absorbing the small variations in the target. (recalibrating)

Second "error", we don't ear the audio threshold so we can not ear the small target variations.

The audio threshold must adapt to the listener, here it is the camera, we must hear the audio threshold through the video recording. Of course if you put it on your ears it will be too strong it will have to be reduced for adapt to the ears.
Always a faint hum.

Third "error" it is necessary to adapt to the standard sweeping speed of approximately one meter per second.
So you have to go back and forth below the searchcoil (while leaving the detection zone of 1 meter per second).

T1.thumb.jpg.97e6de4593fa503f42b7f4dfd69277e1.jpg

T2.thumb.jpg.257d9d33b8f083c655254cfdc2dd8762.jpg

T3.thumb.jpg.982252e309e0aac02c07ee59611a5391.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ALEXANDRE TARTAR said:

I found this video on YouTube

First "error", you sweep the target below the searchcoil without ever leaving it, the ATS therefore takes over and the detector ends up absorbing the small variations in the target. (recalibrating)

Second "error", we don't ear the audio threshold so we can not ear the small target variations.

The audio threshold must adapt to the listener, here it is the camera, we must hear the audio threshold through the video recording. Of course if you put it on your ears it will be too strong it will have to be reduced for adapt to the ears.
Always a faint hum.

Third "error" it is necessary to adapt to the standard sweeping speed of approximately one meter per second.
So you have to go back and forth below the searchcoil (while leaving the detection zone of 1 meter per second).

T1.thumb.jpg.97e6de4593fa503f42b7f4dfd69277e1.jpg

T2.thumb.jpg.257d9d33b8f083c655254cfdc2dd8762.jpg

T3.thumb.jpg.982252e309e0aac02c07ee59611a5391.jpg

BK...I should be able to reproduce the same results as the video, using the short motion / swing, than I'll show how coil control, a full swing and using the threshold can change the results. Temps look good here thursday, maybe I can do a video than. 

• Like 1

I’m all for it!  I hope we pin this down and I really don’t have an issue. I spoke with the tech that tested mine at Fisher today and will copy him with an updated video. As soon as the weather clears up I’ll give this another shot. I have a Bluetooth lapel mic that connects to my phone - I can stick this in an ear cup so the audio and threshold are better heard.  Regardless of the outcome I hope to be using it this weekend as there is supposed to be some good erosion at my beaches. And I finally got a negative Covid test after 3 weeks…

• Like 1

• The title was changed to AQ Impulse, Depth Testing, Emi Rejection Issue