A Few Hours Out Comparing The 13"and 9" Coils (update)

F350Platinum

Very nice. Thanks for your report! 👍

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lodge Scent said:

F350, with that kind of performance in those types of conditions, it's certainly a very attractive option to use the 11" coil and its additional 33% more coverage compared to the 9" coil. 

I've got the 11", probably going to sell it because the 13" isn't really any heavier. 😀 The whole Deus 2 rig with the RC and 13" on Steve's shaft weighs less  than my Equinox 600 with Steve's shaft and the 10x5 Coiltek. 🤣 I like ellipticals. I could use the extra $$ to get the 10x5 FMF if they ever make one 😁

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Calarms said:

I have a question on the DEUS2 I'm curious about the 13-in coil how it would work on the beach only going after gold rings if anybody's had an experience I appreciate it ,thank you

It's a little too cold for me to go to a local beach, but the 11" found this:

It was a solid 73. 😎 I can't imagine that the 13" would do worse. 😁 Honestly you'd have an easier time on a beach!

• Like 3

I misread your post F350. In my mind you were trying out the 11". I'll blame it on covid fog. 😉 I swung the 11" a lot on my D1 and I could feel it at the end of the day. But if the 13" really isn't much different, I'll have to think about that instead of getting an 11".

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lodge Scent said:

I misread your post F350. In my mind you were trying out the 11". I'll blame it on covid fog. 😉 I swung the 11" a lot on my D1 and I could feel it at the end of the day. But if the 13" really isn't much different, I'll have to think about that instead of getting an 11".

Yikes, sorry you have COVID, and I hope you didn't find me snarky. 😵 Seems that's going around... 😀

Tried the 11" for a while because I couldn't get a 13", but I put myself on a notification list a long time ago, and snagged one of the trickle they sent. 👍 it's only about 5 ounces heavier, hardly noticeable. I really like it. So much in fact I'm considering selling the 11".

Now I have the great coverage of the 13", which isn't too bad in the fields at present, and the accuracy and light weight of the 9". If the corn stalks were higher (they knocked em down to spread field cover this year) I'd say the 13" might be a bit trifling, but even if you have to lift it you're going to find stuff.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Calarms said:

I have a question on the DEUS2 I'm curious about the 13-in coil how it would work on the beach only going after gold rings if anybody's had an experience I appreciate it ,thank you

It is all I use on the damp, wet and in the wash knee deep now on the Atlantic coast. I do not hunt dry sand. I use the 11” in the bay with my dry suit up to chest deep. I am primarily a salt water hunter. I have the 9” for land use ( ( ( trashy & iron laden dirt ) which is seldom.

8A029FD3-449C-4F37-9B3A-E0DC5919C868.jpeg

• Like 5

• The title was changed to A Few Hours Out Comparing The 13"and 9" Coils (update)