GPZ 7000 Weight Question

On 1/3/2023 at 8:04 AM, phrunt said:

The true potential of the GPZ isn’t realised unless run in normal where it shows the GPX who’s boss even on tiny gold with the right coil, yes it may miss some odd specci  type gold but we don’t really have it here, more water worn little lumps the GPZ loves, the key to the GPZ 8000 will be getting normal like performance in difficult.  If they can do that you’ll see what us “normal” people have been saying all along 😊

It seems they achieved that with the 6000, there isn’t much between normal and difficult.

Lighter coils are key for me with the GPZ as I don’t use any swing arms or bungees and other gadgets, I found the hip stick very awkward as you dig far too often here and the ground is rarely flat.

Everyone is different though, we obviously have different tolerances for detector weights.  I like the heavy sturdy GPZ for bowling over long grass and bushes, something I can’t do with the 6000.

Hi mate what coil you using?

4 hours ago, Ethan in Adelaide said:

Hi mate what coil you using?

I mainly use 8”, 12” and the 15” Concentric coil on my GPZ, They need an adapter made out of an original coil that involves some risk to the detector if done incorrectly.  Not something you would need to do if you bought a GPZ unless you had specific needs, it’s fine with the standard coil for general use.  

• Haha 1

On 1/10/2023 at 10:25 AM, Rob Allison said:

Believe it or not, the NF 17x13 Z-Search coil, which we now have in stock (see classifieds for details) really balances out the GPZ 7000, even better than the stock 14x13.  Nugget Finder did a very well job on constructing this new coil for your Minelab GPZ 7000.  

17x13Zsearch_1024x1024.jpg

Unfortunately, its still the coil that most people didn't need. Same with the 12"....when everyone is screaming for smaller coils, flat-wounds and CC's, NF gave  the 7000 users more DOD's. Maybe Minelab instructed Rohan this way???? Dunno. Whilst X-Coils got ahead of everyone and gave them what they wanted, those who didn't take the plunge and get an adapter made, waited for NF to deliver something similar....and didn't get it.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 11:01 AM, jasong said:

It's moot for me anyways though - I dislocated my shoulder and tore my rotator cuff years back

Yeah I've had something similar.....a calcified bursa destroyed my rotor cuff muscle and a 3-in-1 surgery only restored about 50% of my shoulders capacity to swing a detector. I've only ever swung a 7000 once and my instant reaction was 'F%ck this sh*t'....no way known was I ever going to own one. The ATX was bad enuff and the 7000 felt way worse. The GPZ8 is supposed to copy the design parameters of the 6000 in being significantly lighter, so lets hope :dry:

• Like 1