15 Year Old Scores Gold Bracelet With Eq600!

matt

Nice find. But I'm surprised no one has said anything about attempting to return it. Now , what are you going to teach him next as a father ? Try to do what is right seeing it was a fresh drop or screw it , be a pirate ? If he lost his wallet full of cash & cards it would not be a good feeling. If your only there a short while it's easy to contact local hotels or social media , etc. GL on what you decide.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, matt said:

Thanks to all that have replied! Slater has been hunting for a few years now and usually only lasts a couple hours. He found a small "lucky" 925 silver ring last year and wears it all the time. He's been out lots of times and found nothing so it's awesome for him to find the bracelet and especially without help from me. The silver ring is on his little finger in the below picture of him. I'm not the jealous type. I just love treasure hunting with other people whether it's for gold nuggets or jewelry. I'm usually happier for the other person! A few months ago we brought some friends to Maui and they wanted tot detect. My friend found a men's wedding band his very first target, unfortunately it was only tungsten carbide.

Gerry we got a picture of the bracelet just for you!

Good luck to everybody and happy hunting!

IMG_9407.jpg

IMG_9408.jpg

That my friends is just beautiful, look at that golden grin.  😁

At his age, he could become a serious hunter and contributor of DP or who knows, running his own MD'ing business down the road.  It doesn't pay like it did 25 yrs ago when I became a dealer, but if done right, the travel, adventure, detector purchases and many other outdoor gear for the testing is all a business expense and tax write off.

Heck, even if a young man that good looking could start a "Lost Ring Recovery" side hustle, he would get tax write offs and slowly work his way up.

Either way, he's a winner Brett and you/the wife have done well.

Applause all the way around to your family and thanks for thinking of me. 👏

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, King-Of-Bling said:

Nice find. But I'm surprised no one has said anything about attempting to return it. Now , what are you going to teach him next as a father ?

Return it? What's that?  Nothing I find without an inscription or date in it ever gets another thought. Unless a person approaches me and makes an accurate description. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, King-Of-Bling said:

Nice find. But I'm surprised no one has said anything about attempting to return it. Now , what are you going to teach him next as a father ? Try to do what is right seeing it was a fresh drop or screw it , be a pirate ? If he lost his wallet full of cash & cards it would not be a good feeling. If your only there a short while it's easy to contact local hotels or social media , etc. GL on what you decide.

We discussed it. There are no hotels near the beach it was found and nothing posted on the local craigslist. Like midalake said, without an engraving it's impossible to find the owner unless they post a lost and found ad with a description.

Also, apologies for the sideways and upside down pictures. On my tablet I don't have the same options while posting as I do at home with my pc.

• Like 1