Day 2 At The Beach And More Gold!

matt

32 minutes ago, Flydog said:

You got some real purdy feet Matt.

I know a guy who paraglides and just cant stop talking. Wonder if its the same dude. He is from NH. Where were you?

Ya beat me to it ROFL.

Nice run!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kac said:

Ya beat me to it ROFL.

Nice run!

3 hours ago, Flydog said:

You got some real purdy feet Matt.

I know a guy who paraglides and just cant stop talking. Wonder if its the same dude. He is from NH. Where were you?

Lol. That's pretty funny but my pedicure looks much better! Dirty nails and hairy toes. Ouch! My wife grabbed that toe ring as soon as I walked in the door!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, matt said:

My wife grabbed that toe ring as soon as I walked in the door!

Sure she did, just come out of the closet now because in today's world your protected.

Nice hunt good luck on your next outing, and you would look better with silver and gold polish for luck.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 5:32 PM, matt said:

Had one guy that would not quit. He even started showing me videos of him paragliding. Had to listen to him for over half an hour. Nice guy, but ugh!

You are more patient than I.  (You're probably more patient than 99% here.)  I would have politely pointed out what you told us -- beach is getting busy and you're trying to get your detecting done before it gets too crowded, particularly if there are competitive detectorists present or expected.

You're doing quite well on the gold this trip.  (If I recall you are in Hawaii.)  Steve H. used to take his (Alaska) winter vacation there, with detectors of course.  If he's reading this you're probably making him nostalgic.  :laugh:

• Like 1

Congrats on rings!  Darn right gold is gold.  I am still trying to figure out why people try to talk to me on beach while I have my headphones on.

4 hours ago, PI-Man said:

Congrats on rings!  Darn right gold is gold.  I am still trying to figure out why people try to talk to me on beach while I have my headphones on.

I was wearing my headphones thanks to Eric's post and still had a lady insist on asking me questions as I ignored her. I FINALLY took off my headphones and she she asked me "is that a metal detector?"

I had to put my headphones on and walk away. She was pissed at me!

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Finally getting around to update my original post.

Was over in Maui for a week and now back on the mainland. Tested the men's band with my diamond tester and turns out all stones are real (I guess they could be lab grown? but the jeweler should know)! Looking through the website for DazzlingRock, I can't find the exact ring, but there are so many 10k white gold with diamonds I'm not going to look through all of them. Most likely over $500 (could be more) so I am really happy!

Today is my 22 year anniversary with my wife so I am thinking of taking it to our local jeweler to see if he can resize it and turn it into a ring for my wife.

Only hunted one more time for about 2 hours this trip because had a small surfing accident and cracked a rib and sliced open my big toe the day after finding the rings! Getting old sucks! Found some change and a very new tungsten carbide man's wedding band and some costume jewelry.

Last find was at the airport at home. My wife and kid's went to baggage claim and I went to get the truck to pick them up. Sitting right next to my rear passenger door was a .925 silver bracelet! 23.3 grams! Great way to finish a great trip. And yes I have looked at the lost and found from the airport and nothing.

Silver Bracelet.jpg

• Like 6