Gold Tally For 2022

Aureous

22 hours ago, TE Gold said:

Nice pics, well done. 

I apologise for posting my pics here, I miss read the post and thought it was show your tally!

You have done great with the 6k! 11" coil for the most part?

No, I dont mind if you post your own pics, I was hoping someone would! Yeah 11" mono coil for 95% of the gold, rest was 14DD. My 11" is one of the 'good ones'.....still waiting on the NF 12x7 though :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

So you may be off a little in weight, but you gained in more pieces.  Was your body more thankful swinging the lighter and easier 6000 vs the 4500?

Yeah the 6000 is a beast on small gold so the physical numbers were always gonna be higher. Yeah, love the lower weight of the 6000, my shoulder is very weak from surgery and punishment from 40+ years of swinging heavy detectors lol

5 hours ago, Aureous said:

I use both the 6k and the 7k.

I was mucking about with the 14" dd, and I can hear a buzz from the coil itself. Works ok, but I find it weird I can hear the coil. Have to be close to it, but can hear it.

My first 11" coil was dud out of the box, touch sensitive, even to grass. 

I find myself using the zed as a go to, and the 6 for clean up or if I'm fatigued at the end of the day.

2 minutes ago, TE Gold said:

I use both the 6k and the 7k.

I was mucking about with the 14" dd, and I can hear a buzz from the coil itself. Works ok, but I find it weird I can hear the coil. Have to be close to it, but can hear it.

My first 11" coil was dud out of the box, touch sensitive, even to grass. 

I find myself using the zed as a go to, and the 6 for clean up or if I'm fatigued at the end of the day.

There is a feedback effect in the audio circuit which many have noticed but are you actually hearing the coil without the speaker or headphones supplying the noise? I am one of the lucky ones, with an actually useful 11" mono coil. Seems the Malaysians are/were completely out of their depth in regards to coil building, compared to the Koreans.  Once I finally receive my NF 12x7, I suspect it won't ever be removed except for when I need the AI benefits of the 14DD.