Vallon Detectors In Ukraine

I just read that some 1000 Vallon mine detectors are being sent to Ukraine in support of its defence efforts. https://www.vallon.de/en/metal-detectors

Don't know what models.  Knowing nothing about mine detecting, I wonder how useful a metal detector may be in finding mines nowadays?  I understand that many have very few metal parts and I would imagine that battlefields are awash with shrapnels and all kind of other small metal trash?

• Like 4

Some of their detectors are very good for hunting mines and IED's. I can understand why they are being sent to them for that purpose as a lot of the countries in that area use them to detect mines.

The ones mainly used for mines are the top detectors that they have and can be carried in back packs.

• Like 4

• The title was changed to Vallon Detectors In Ukraine

The Vallon is a very decent piece of kit. Fitted with the 20cm search head it will hit very small pieces of metal. Detecting igniters isn't any problem at all.

Depth isn't such an issue with mines. The deeper they plant them, the more ineffective they are.

UXO "Unexploded Ordenance" detecting is equally not about mouse-farts, more like elephant droppings detecting. And the units are mostly used to locate the ordinance.

The side sensitivity of the coil is often used most, because you don't want to swing over the target. You are trying to detect it's perimeter.

I use one for my beach hunting and they are built like a tank and weigh a tonne. Biggest benefit with regard to our hobby detectors is their unmistakable audio, vibration and LED bar. If it locks on to something,... you will know about it!!! Even in the most harshest environments.

VMR3G this unit absolutely is something special. It will hit 1mm2 multi stranded stainless wire up to 15 cm deep in a wet salt.

Price is "military spec" 😉 Last time I checked something like a few GPZ's for one VMR3G. Just try to tell the Wife you need one of those,.... She'll pack your bags for you 😉

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1