Garrett Axiom Vs Minelab SDC 2300

11 hours ago, HardPack said:

Has anyone had an issue with the SDC 2300 feature “Automatic Ground Tracking” balancing out a target after multiple passes?

The above question may have been buried in a prior post. Any AGT issues?

On 1/1/2023 at 7:06 AM, HardPack said:

Both detectors fold up or slide up compact for packing.  The 2300 may be a bit on the heavy side compared to the Axiom but is manageable. Already have the Garrett Z-Lynk wireless transmitter plus the 1/4” receiver for my headphones. What has been your experience with either detector?

Since the SDC 2300 is waterproof, it also has proprietary waterproof audio jack connections . You will need an adapter cable with a female 1/4" plug-in along with the proprietary male plug-in on the other end in order to use your Z-Lynk system. They cost around $75 to $100 depending on availability.

With the Axiom, Z-Lynk is included or not depending on which bundled package you get. At any rate, with either package, your Z-Lynk headphones will pair up easily. 

You are saying the SDC weight is manageable. Ash kept saying the SDC is light in the video you posted. In my opinion the SDC is not light......why was Ash using a guide stick and why do many users use a full harness system with the SDC 2300.....

I never used a harness with my TDI SL or with my SPP. I don't use a harness with my GPX 6000 using the stock 11" coil or the Coiltek 10X5. I have heard that a harness is not necessary with the Axiom using the smaller coils. 

So manageable on relatively flat land and manageable on a mountain side picking ones way around shrubs, trees, boulders and talus slopes are two utterly different things when using the SDC 2300.

• Like 1

There are some great deals on used SDC 2300s at the moment online. They are very tempting. I was very tempted and almost pulled the trigger. Then my shoulder and back reminded me about where I often detect for gold nuggets and I stuck with my GPX 6000.

Everyone that has held/used both on this forum has commented on the ease of use weight wise of the Axiom and GPX 6000 compared to the SDC 2300, the GPX 5000 series and the GPZ.

On 1/3/2023 at 2:30 PM, geof_junk said:

Gerry I was looking for the fish in your mouth, did I miss it. 😀

I'll double down on the next post for you..

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Failed to mention the battery life for the axiom is fantastic plus the booster pack is great, I could run all day with the sdc and 3/4- 7/8 of the day with the 7000 if you can last all day pretty much all you need just recharge at night. I like you can really tweak the axioms settings to perform what you intend to hunt like the 7000 almost plays a big role.

• Like 4