Equinox 800 Vs 700

1 hour ago, Minton said:

Hello everyone, equinox 800 vs 700 which one would you choose and why?

It really comes down to what your use will be? 
If you have no interest in the gold modes that come with the Equinox 800, then I would say the 700 would be just fine! 

• Like 3

I ended up buying the 600 instead of the 800 at first on the recommendation of a shop owner who is also a hardcore relic hunter. He knew my area and told me I wouldn't need a more expensive machine for what I was looking for.

I have since bought a much more expensive machine, the Deus 2, and he was right, but it has given me much more versatility, stability and information when relic and beach hunting. In Virginia the Deus is the relic king, some may disagree.

The 600 still often comes along and I end up with great results either way. 👍 Best bet is to not only get the best detector you can afford, but also the one that makes the most sense where you look. The 700 will be great, but if you go everywhere (beach, relic hunting, gold prospecting) it may not be enough.

• Like 4

If you want to detect in water, the 700 may have a big advantage over the 800. The depth rating is IP-68 16 feet compared to non-rated 10 ft for the Nox 800. The difference in build quality between the 700 and 800 is obvious by inspecting the control head. On the 800 there is a seam large enough to put my fingernail into and I have had one 800 unit leak from this area. On the 700 the seam is absolutely tight. I probably could not even get the edge of a piece of paper in there. I have not tried it in the water yet, but it appears to be improved over the 800 in terms of build quality. There is also the -19 to +99 tones on the 700. It is possible to distinguish a clad dime from a silver dime if shallow enough and in low mineral ground. I also love the collapsible shaft. I think it will be great for travelling. These are all thing that I factored in when selling my 800 and buying the 700.

• Like 5

Gotta wait and see for me! Although I like my 800, ML's irksome behavior and design issues/choicesover the years still bother me, and has me second guessing a future purchase!!

One thing I would really miss is the WM08 if I upgraded! I use it most days with my waterproof earbuds, as headphones are too hot and slippery most of the year, and I like my big sun hats on the beach! Plus I pretty much like the "used detector category" mostly these days anyway!

I'll give it more consideration, when you all dump your "new" detectors for the next big release!!🤣👍👍

• Like 2