A First For Me

10 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Finding a lone 1 ozt silver bar on a beach may be more difficult than finding a cache of them hidden/buried in someone's barn or back lot.  (Side comment:  I think Silver Towne is a bullion dealer near me -- in Richmond, IN, at least I think it used to be located there.)

Funny thing -- I have a couple boxes with better small finds (coins and jewelry) as well as some test garden pieces.  I actually have a 1 ozt silver bar among my test pieces (as well as a 1 ozt silver round).  Now I don't feel so silly including those to air test for a detector to determine their VDI's!!

Looks like they're in Winchester, IN:

https://www.silvertowne.com/

I imagine the ID number is pretty high. I found it with my TDI pulse detector.

9 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

That's an amazing find. Is there a date on it?

Thanks Rick, No date but they still sell the exact same bar so I don't think it's that old.

8 hours ago, matt said:

Wow! Crazy that somebody would carry that to the beach. Nice find for you though!

Thanks Matt, Yes, crazy and I wonder what else people out there carry around?

7 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I found something similar years ago and I have the feeling that it is some type of 'offering' that is given to the ocean/beach/waves.

Or ... someone did a theft, and they threw it away so that the remainder of the loot could not be traced!

Good find.

Thanks Mitchel, We'll probably never know. I did go back to see if there were more but no such luck!

7 hours ago, kac said:

That is a first! Cool!

Thanks Kac, Now for the gold bar! 😄

5 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Well that's something you don't find every day. Congrats on the sweet hunk of silver!

Thanks CPT, So unexpected - certainly was not on my bucket list. 😄

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

I don't imagine there are very many that can say they found one of those detecting a beach ! 🍀

That cleaned up real nice.

Prospector graphic too !👍

Thanks RVP, I'm sure that more beach hunters have found Rolex watches than 1 ounce silver bars so I got the difficult one out of the way. 🙂  My wife also noticed the prospector and said, "how appropriate!"

• Like 4

Bullion on the beach.... definitely a first...!!!!!  Cleaned up nice.........

• Like 1