Give Me The Multi Kruzer Anytime

GB,

It's my understanding that due to the magnetic properties, nonferrous objects produce a signal 2.5x stronger than a similar sized nonferrous object. Given that, along with the much larger surface area of the nonferrous nails, and the nearness of the coin to the nails, then I doubt any detector is actually separating the coin from the nails in just about any nail / coin test. Rather, the nails and coin are being detected as one, and it's therefore the iron bias setting that determines if the nonferrous coin tone is heard. That's also why in nail tests, the coin always has a much lower ID than it would if it was alone. That proves that no separation is occurring. If the coin was truly being separated, the detector would show the coin's true ID, and not a dragged down ID. 

In other words, it seems to me that most nail tests are actually unmasking tests, and not true separation tests.

• Thanks 1

Actually ferous are low conductors so they have a wide response when compared to high conductors. Low conductors can smother the signal of other objects, drag their response down or even mask objects called silent masking. This happens when the ferous object is small enough to fall into the ground balance range of the machine.

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2023 at 8:43 AM, Giuseppe said:

Hi, it would be helpful to know in you experience if there are on the market coils with better peformance for specific applications (e.g park, field, nuggets...)

Not that I'm aware of. The Kruzer has many OEM coils.

I never liked the multi Kruzer. The audio was always very scratchy and unpleasant to my ears. It also was much more emi sensitive than other detectors I'd used. The shaft was also very wobbly, which would drive me nuts. There was no ID stability whatsoever in my ground either, to the point where ferrous/non ferrous was about all the info I'd get. 

1 hour ago, coinhunterseth said:

I never liked the multi Kruzer. The audio was always very scratchy and unpleasant to my ears. It also was much more emi sensitive than other detectors I'd used. The shaft was also very wobbly, which would drive me nuts. There was no ID stability whatsoever in my ground either, to the point where ferrous/non ferrous was about all the info I'd get. 

I actually liked my former Multi Kruzer a lot. However, your description of how it behaved for you matches the way it detected in the high iron mineralization and EMI around here.

The Simplex was actually a lot more stable than the Multi Kruzer  

The Legend in its Multi modes has no similar issues, even with EMI. It’s hard to believe that the Multi Kruzer and the Legend are from the same manufacturer. It’s like the Legend was tailor made for the ground conditions out here and solved all of the detecting problems I experienced with the Multi Kruzer. 

I reported the issues I was having on this forum and I got lots of advice, mostly about what I was doing wrong. It had nothing to do with me or a problem with settings or a malfunctioning MK. Just the wrong detector for my area. 

• Like 2

I assume my Anfibio Multi is very similar to the Multi Kruzer. It has a raw, scratchy edge to the the audio & can easily be over driven. It has a lot of extra power that is hard to keep connected to the ground, kind of like my 1968 Big Block Camaro before I made adjustments to the suspension and learned how to drive it. Once learned it is a very good machine with a lot of nuance.

The Legend is so much better behaved and you can pour on all the power in many situations.  The effective performance actually surpasses the Anfibio.  I kind of wish Nokta would increase the Legend's sensitivity scale to 35. Sometimes I like it on the hot edge.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JCR said:

I assume my Anfibio Multi is very similar to the Multi Kruzer. It has a raw, scratchy edge to the the audio & can easily be over driven. It has a lot of extra power that is hard to keep connected to the ground, kind of like my 1968 Big Block Camaro before I made adjustments to the suspension and learned how to drive it. Once learned it is a very good machine with a lot of nuance.

The Legend is so much better behaved and you can pour on all the power in many situations.  The effective performance actually surpasses the Anfibio.  I kind of wish Nokta would increase the Legend's sensitivity scale to 35. Sometimes I like it on the hot edge.

I am probably wrong or somewhat wrong in these assumptions: the Multi Kruzer/Kruzer came from the Racer type line of Makro detectors and its predecessors and the Anfibio came from the Impact type line of Nokta detectors and its predecessors.

Feel totally free to correct me, please.

• Like 1

I think you are correct.  I think the Anfibio was the first joint project that combined features & characteristics of both companies approach, giving the best of both in a refined package.   I wonder if the recent corporate name revision is just a formality because Makro has been fully absorbed or if it reflects a divorce of the two companies. I think it is the former.

Again, what impresses me is how refined the Legend is, yet retains the high performance of it's sparky ancestors.

• Like 2

AFAIK, the kruzer was a refined, waterproofed Impact platform, and the Anfibio was a Kruzer with more features. There was always overlap in the two companies' machines, I'm pretty sure the racer platform was based on the Fors Core, just put in a more typical/ergonomic package. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, coinhunterseth said:

AFAIK, the kruzer was a refined, waterproofed Impact platform, and the Anfibio was a Kruzer with more features. There was always overlap in the two companies' machines, I'm pretty sure the racer platform was based on the Fors Core, just put in a more typical/ergonomic package. 

Kruzer was a souped up Racer 2 and the Anfibio was a souped up Impact if I remember correctly.

• Like 1