Scouting With The Ws6 Master - Didn't Expect This

100 acres = 50 hectares = approx 1000m X 500 m ; then it is going to take a few weeks ( months ? 🙂 ) to pound this field ... 

Looking fwd to your next reports . Btw it is quite frequent to find 17th century coins over here in France , but I imagine that in the US it is an other story ...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, palzynski said:

Btw finding 17th century coins is quite frequent over here in France , but I imagine that in the US it is an other story ...

Thanks!

I know over there this is nothing, 😜 but here if something is older than 1600 it gets national attention. 😀 I probably wouldn't post it!

My region was settled in the 1640s. The earliest coin I've seen found here (by Chase) was ~1650, a Spanish half Reale.

I've been meaning to thank you in some way for your posts on the WS6 Master. I think the D2 system is going to get much more good attention now that people are getting used to it and making some notable discoveries.

To find the "hotspots" where we have a higher chance of making good finds, it took a long time crossing the field and circling until I heard multiple targets. I got an idea of the size of these areas, and moved on after digging a few things. Having the lightest detector in the world to do it was a relief. 😀

• Like 6

Hell Yeah Bob!   That’s an oldie right there and I think anyone that found one of those would be rightfully proud!   
Congrats!   

I have to say this though:  If I had gotten permission to hunt the yard around the house, I would have chucked the field and made a beeline to that yard. Lol.  I’m glad you don’t think like me.  Lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

OK, That's about all I can take!!!  The truck is warming up now and I can get on the road immediately.  Just send the address and I'll see you soon.  Your new hunting buddy!!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

Hell Yeah Bob!   That’s an oldie right there and I think anyone that found one of those would be rightfully proud!   
Congrats!   

I have to say this though:  If I had gotten permission to hunt the yard around the house, I would have chucked the field and made a beeline to that yard. Lol.  I’m glad you don’t think like me.  Lol

Well crap I'm out of likes and thanks today, but thanks NC. 😀 I had a plan in mind and stuck to it, paid off in quality rather than quantity. Sometimes I'm polishing a turd, but now and again I get lucky 😎 In this place old stuff rules, but ya gotta look. A lot. That's why I'm grateful to have the WS6, and magnesium tablets later...

I did "sweep" the yard a bit, but didn't hit anything that said "dig me". 😏 I'll have to get granular now it's Carte Blanche... But in back where the barns used to be there's so much junk. 😵 I found out where the target practice occurred, and where the farmer would sneak a beer or 5 in the far back paddock. 🤣 I dug about 5 or 6 bullets and quit 82's for the duration. Only allowed myself 2 Easter Island pull tabs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

OK, That's about all I can take!!!  The truck is warming up now and I can get on the road immediately.  Just send the address and I'll see you soon.  Your new hunting buddy!!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

Haha, should I stop posting? 🤔 🤪 Nah...

Funny you should write that, my buddy in PA always says he's on his way. 😀 Wish he would make the trip now and again. 🙂

There isn't much to do here but metal detect, hunt, fish if you're retired. A few Presidents were born here but even they left. 🤣 We've got miles and miles... Of miles and miles. Make sure you look up when you get to the tree line! If you look down the ravine is deep. 😁

One famous family left a huge grant to the county that discourages modernization.

The farmers are nice to locals, but their motto is "you've seen it, now leave".

It's a strange place, but I like it a lot.

• Like 1

The

58 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

The farmers are nice to locals, but their motto is "you've seen it, now leave".

And they tolerate me, a Northern Virginian, only because Bob allows me to hang out with him.  Bob's ability to basically walk away with an average of about 100 acres of new permissions with every chat with the landowners is amazing.  Very thankful he let's me partake in much needed digging therapy, when necessary.  To that point, I coaxed some keepers out of a previously stingy field when we paired up earlier this week.   Early 1800's Artillery Button, pre-1700 asymmetric shoe buckle, 1887 IHP, carved lead cube, and other miscellaneous brass.  Good times.

20230102_110320.thumb.jpg.2237346924def87b2617084f2d389406.jpg

20230102_223829.thumb.jpg.56152442a1ad79423c3a3659801f0ba7.jpg

20230102_223841.thumb.jpg.315530428e2c6173136a5775ac55168a.jpg

20230102_230842.thumb.jpg.7201af10bc5929fd84741d6a03afcf65.jpg

• Like 8
  • Oh my! 1

I did get to do Fort Powatan (Va.) for about two days, about 15 or so years ago, can't rightly remember the date now.  Got that out of my bucket of things to accomplish.  What a nice site before it was sold.  I am assuming the sale followed through.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

I did get to do Fort Powatan (Va.) for about two days, about 15 or so years ago, can't rightly remember the date now.  Got that out of my bucket of things to accomplish.  What a nice site before it was sold.  I am assuming the sale followed through.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

Looks like it's owned by a gun club now. Pretty big deal here.

Wasn't much activity there same as here, except we were invaded by the British for a few days in 1814. No civil war or Revolution stuff here. I'm going to be looking for a possible landing site sometime this winter. They came up a small river behind my house.

You'd think the British would have learned something after Yorktown. 🤔 😀

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

Just send the address and I'll see you soon.  Your new hunting buddy!!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

Take a number!! I'm sure Bob now has many "volunteer detecting buddies"! The deal is you have to wrestle Chase for the position first, than have a Kevin James style dual with Bob's dual D2's!!🤺😁👍👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2