Gerry’s Detectors, Good Experience

Tmox

1 hour ago, Rob Allison said:

Hey Guys,

This is coming from another Dealer, Gerry has his own ways .... LOL :biggrin:, but is a stand up guy and fights the good fight for the detector industry.  If I could of just tape recorded or shot a video of the handful of times Gerry has stood up against the Minelab bigshots during these conferences, fighting for better prices, better products and just to listen to us (the dealers and end users a bit more) on feedback about new products/detectors.  

P.S.  Ok, Gerry now you owe me a slice of pizza and a cold one from that Rye Patch bar/restaurant ... Hehe :wub:

Rob

Minelab listening to dealers now?  Boy those days are gone.  Here's the good thing Rob.  You usually take the high road and stay out of gunshot range (smart man).  You and just a select few others were always sitting at the same table most of the time and agreeing.  Sure, we do things a little different, but we found a Nitch for our style of business model.  Options is a good thing.

Thanks for being there and not giving in and or up.   This industry sales margins have been cut so bad, it's hard to make a living just off detector sales and I see why so many dealers have a regular job.  I'm still trying to make it, just can't afford the steak and lobster the same night.

Most certainly will get the 1st round for you and Dawn, it's been a long time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

I still like eating steak and lobster on occasion, so need a few sales here and there.

Customer service = more sales. I get my lobster for free but I have to get wet, I'm getting wet tomorrow, I'll grab a couple of abalone for the entre'  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tmox said:

What kind of abalone do you get?

Black lip abalone, what about you ? And Southern Rock Lobster. 

The abalone season has been closed here for about 4 years. Red abalone is the primary species with lesser numbers of Pinto, Black, White. The reds were the only ones you could take. There is talk of some form of limited opening in a couple of years.

Down in South California there are spiney lobsters.