Compass Judge 2 Auto Vs Yukon 77B

Hi I have some compass Metal detectors that I plan to sell off. Was thinking about keeping one. I have what seems to be a 77B, not the professional, just the standard 77b, I also have a Judge2 Automatic. Was wondering which is the better of the 2. They both are roughly 1982 vintage. And the advertisement from that period shows the Judge2 as being slightly more expensive. But I have reason to think that they were both 100hz. So what should I keep.

• The title was changed to Compass Judge 2 Auto Vs Yukon 77B

The 77b would be circa 1973 -ish   And yes, they were sold even into the late 1970s.  I can't remember if the Judge 2 all-metal mode was VLD or all-metal TR.  If it was all-metal TR, then its all-metal mode would mimic the 77b , in that department.

They were great for seeing through small iron.  Ie.:  Combatting iron-masking.   You could put 2 or 3 square nails over the top of a coin, and STILL get a hint of the conductive coin.  As opposed to the nails alone, which would null.   But other than that, the 77b had no other form of disc.

The all-metal depth was limited, and a bear-to-keep balanced.  They would be good for some relic hunting need, where there's a carpet-of-nails, as long as depth isn't an issue.   Eg.:  For oldtown sidewalk tearouts, or where buildings burned down, etc....   You can sort of mimic the same objective with a few of the Tesoro machines (sabre, bandido, etc...)

• Like 1