New Years Resolution

1 hour ago, Geezer said:

You are all terrible people. Following this thread, and reading all this good information now has me thinking of buying one of these detectors. Bad, bad, bad.

I was forced to read a little more on the D2/D1 as well. The settings and control of parameters these freakin things are capable of is enough to make a man drool. I drool enough as it is.

Soon I will need a caddy to carry my detectors like a golfer.

Sorry we led you down this dark road Geezer!-----Hey----get a D2 & Legend---that's all yah need----WHOA---did I say that! LOL

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, D&P-OR said:

Sorry we led you down this dark road Geezer!-----Hey----get a D2 & Legend---that's all yah need----WHOA---did I say that! LOL

Searching for the ultimate is never cheap. If they could just make one of these with explicit controls they name after what they do instead of presets and “modes”, I would have a chance at understanding one of these.

I am thinking of hiring a ten year old to explain it all to me.

Ran out of likes hours ago but I must say that the Deus 1 in full tones really clicked with me...you could hear those deep squeakers that just got better as you dug...people are saying theres a problem with the full tones on the Deus 2 ? I haven't used it enough to find out they are talking bout... I must say the deus 2 fast program is really something else.  

edit: never mind I think I found it 

strick

• Like 4

On 1/5/2023 at 8:20 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

If I was updating the Deus 2 menus system I would throw the entire thing in the garbage and start over. It's a menu system designed by engineer nerds, not something designed for the average user. Yeah, it's all there, once you figure it out, but they sure are not making it easy. I wonder how many of us old dogs actually do just go back to whatever we had because the XP way is so convoluted? Maybe a sales impediment there and a note for the XP designers for the future.

Remember I posted, that I like simple detectors? Your comments are exactly why I still use the D1, and have not bought a D2. I want to detect, not program.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, deathray said:

Remember I posted, that I like simple detectors? Your comments are exactly why I still use the D1, and have not bought a D2. I want to detect, not program.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger deathray. I have both machines and still use the D1 a lot of the time.Personally i cannot seem to break away from using the two white H F coils in their upper KHz ranges.Single frequencies still have their place in the type of sites that I like to hunt at least.Love that elliptical in the rock piles and star thistles and so forth.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, deathray said:

I hear you, but FWIW - that's exactly why I DID go to the D2 > Settings are now more logically laid out and accessible than the D1 (I know, Steve H., that's a low bar :smile:) with very useful single-key, long-press shortcuts for noise cancel and ground grab and the default program settings need LESS tweaking out of the box for turn on and go detecting AFAIC.  Plus my fingertips don't feel like I am being tortured by those crazy recessed buttons on the D1 remote.  Honestly, I would have upgraded to D2 purely for the operating improvements alone (improved remote ergonomics, menus, etc., synced power on/off of the remote and paired headphones).  The FMF performance almost seems like a bonus.  The only thing I lament is still being married to old school USB mini ports and plugs and the frustratingly fragile coil charge clips...and no 10x5 coil...

1 hour ago, Doc Bach said:

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger deathray. I have both machines and still use the D1 a lot of the time.Personally i cannot seem to break away from using the two white H F coils in their upper KHz ranges.Single frequencies still have their place in the type of sites that I like to hunt at least.Love that elliptical in the rock piles and star thistles and so forth.

Exactly why I have still hung on to the D1, but if XP does see fit to release a compatible 10x5 for the D2, bye bye D1.  Right now though, I find myself using the Nox more than the D1 when a 10x5 is called for.

• Like 4

Deus 2’s selectable single frequency Mono program is basically Deus 1 Fast which is the basis for several of the other Deus 1 programs. 

I too have found Deus 2 to be just as easy to operate and easier to be successful  with as Deus 1 but with much more versatility and overall performance where I detect.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

FWIW - that's exactly why I DID go to the D2 > Settings are now more logically laid out and accessible than the D1 (I know, Steve H., that's a low bar :smile:) with very useful single key long press shortcuts for noise cancel and ground graband the default program settings need LESS tweaking out of the box for turn on and go detecting AFAIC.  Plus my fingertips don't feel like I am be tortured by those crazy recessed buttons on the D1 remote.  Honestly, I would have upgraded to D2 purely for the operating improvements alone (improved remote ergonomics, menus, etc., synced power on/off of the remote and paired headphones).  The FMF performance almost seems like a bonus.  The only thing I lament is still being married to old school USB mini ports and plugs and the frustratingly fragile coil charge clips...and no 10x5 coil...

Exactly why I have still hung on to the D1, but if XP does see fit to release a compatible 10x5 for the D2, bye bye D1.  Right now though, I find myself using the Nox more than the D1 when a 10x5 is called for.

I too have the mighty Nox with the 10x5 but the thing is I never really clicked with it. I never liked the tones for some reason? Maybe that's because since I was just a young buck only 20 years old I've had a special yen for Edith Bunker and her voice of an Angel.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2