New Years Resolution

13 minutes ago, Doc Bach said:

I too have the mighty Nox with the 10x5 but the thing is I never really clicked with it. I never liked the tones for some reason? Maybe that's because since I was just a young buck only 20 years old I've had a special yen for Edith Bunker and her voice of an Angel.

Same here, but the Nox 900 now has pitch audio for all modes and as a long time Deus user, that makes me feel more at home with it's new rendition of "Those Were the Days". :smile:

• Haha 4

I agree wholeheartedly about the D2 menu being clunky (at best).  I've hated sub menus on detectors ever since the Whites Spectrum days.  I'm not a fan of having to go on mini hunts through sub menus to find stuff. XP gets an A+ for unmasking capability and ergonomics. And an F for menu design and for that stupid antenna. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Tn said:

....   I'm not a fan of having to go on mini hunts through sub menus to find stuff. XP gets an A+ for unmasking capability and ergonomics. And an F for menu design ...

The D2 menu design is a little tricky but as I have found the right settings for me ( SENSITIVE + SQUARE ) and I wont change them during the next 10 years ,  it is not a pb for me ... 🙂   

Btw the D2 is a piece of cake compared to my Sony A6000 camera ergonomy lol ... 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Daniel Tn said:

I agree wholeheartedly about the D2 menu being clunky (at best).  I've hated sub menus on detectors ever since the Whites Spectrum days.  I'm not a fan of having to go on mini hunts through sub menus to find stuff. XP gets an A+ for unmasking capability and ergonomics. And an F for menu design and for that stupid antenna. 

I am very thankful that XP added a visual target ID "meter" to the main screen on the Remote even though it is tiny and fairly crude. It helps me know for sure that I have removed all of the European notches out of the stock programs and my custom programs. For my area, all of those notches are totally unnecessary and can cause me to miss small gold jewelry and some masked, down averaged non-ferrous targets.

Removing all of those notches is tedious for me anyway along with resetting the Silencer, Bottle Cap reject and adjusting tones to suit my hearing and targets and definitely reflects Daniel's and Steve's comments about the disjointed XP user interface menu design. 

However, I really appreciate all of the adjustability of Deus 2 since I can customize just about any land based program to work really well where I often detect.

So for me, none of the default land based programs suit my area very well. Some digging deep into the labyrinthine menu is required.