Fantastic Find Of Reales!

Wow! The find of a lifetime for many. Good on you for detecting outside the heavily hunted area. You never know where these types of coin dumps might be found. I bet there's more to be found nearby.....

Cheers

Craig

• Like 4

Major score Midalake, congratulations! I've made some of my best finds "taking a walk up there" 😀 but this one is a dream. Awesome lucky find for your friend. 👍 

What's the oldest one?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ECris said:

Wow. Great haul and on vacation too!! Congrats!!!

Well my hunting Bud is Van Rijn Stewart who is putting likes on here. I am not there yet....he would never take me to a spot this good! 🤣 [kidding]

Actually, it is hard for me to hunt with him. I am over 6 hours away at the beach. I don't have the proper equipment, boots, thorn guards, rattle snake protection......etc.  Maybe one day I can get out in the Mexican wilderness and do a little swinging. I would not mind a few Cobs and Reales. 

• Like 2

Even professional treasure hunters (the few that are left...) would be excited over this cache, I would think.  Does your friend have an hypothesis on how they got there?  Was it a traveller who lost his savings, a farmer/rancher hiding his, or ?? 

Just amazing in my book.  I'll only ever find something like that in my dreams.

• Like 4