I'm Happy The Way The Legend Is At 1.09

I don't know if I want to do the next update. With next update, if it changes the Legend from what I like, can I go back to 1.09?

Most likely it will not affect the way the detector is working, only adds to it.

I had a White's MX Sport that was working great. White's had an update and I had to send it in to make some changes. When I got it back it didn't work like it did before and they couldn't make it the way it was. So that makes me leery to do an update when it's working well.

• Like 1

If you have the V1.09 saved on your computer, you should be able to reinstall it if needed/wanted.

I have confidence in Nokta adding to an already brilliant machine.

• Like 1

But we don't know what the new update will contain. Will it even contain a new M3, or a new M4? Will it contain a new SMF at all? I sure hope so, because MW is a significantly better coin shooter in nonferrous trash than M1, M2, or M3 is. 

I agree with JCR though. The Legend is an outstanding detector, especially considering its cost. And it keeps getting better and better with the updates.

If you like Beach MW in non Ferrous trash you should try Park in 4kHz. Badly masked coins will hit around 35 & up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

I don't know if I want to do the next update. With next update, if it changes the Legend from what I like, can I go back to 1.09?

Most likely it will not affect the way the detector is working, only adds to it.

I had a White's MX Sport that was working great. White's had an update and I had to send it in to make some changes. When I got it back it didn't work like it did before and they couldn't make it the way it was. So that makes me leery to do an update when it's working well.

Rick, the next update is a Beta update. No one needs to do the update at all. You can wait until it is declared by Nokta to be an official update or instead it is scrapped.

I too really like 1.09.

I don’t detect in dirt that allows for Beach MW or any of the single frequency choices to perform any better than SMF choices already provided in 1.09 on in the ground, actual targets. I do see a very slight difference in air testing.

I will do the update but that is because I already have some of the pre release test software on my Legend.

• Like 3

For sure JCR.

In context, MW isn't quite as good as 4 khz. I often can't decide whether or not to use MW or 4khz. It usually comes down to how bad the EMI is.

When I tested the new SMF mode, it worked as well as MW, but I felt it could be weighted even more toward 4khz. I did mention that to Nokta, so I guess we'll see what happens.

• Like 1

SMF has 3d separation in iron. Single frequency is 2d separation. Single frequency is generally better if you have emi problem. In most cases use SMF that it designed to use. SMF also best in mineral ground.

• Like 3

That all sounds good! Making the Legend even better.

• Like 1