Iron Volume/depth

raziel900

Iron volume can improve the detection of a target especially on mineralized ground. And this due to the “drift towards ferrous” which we meet on mineralized soils. It’s only a volume but  it can help us on hot soils..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ogliuga said:

Il volume di ferro può migliorare il rilevamento di un bersaglio soprattutto su terreni mineralizzati. E questo a causa della "deriva verso il ferroso" che incontriamo sui terreni mineralizzati. È solo un volume ma può aiutarci su terreni caldi.

can it improve the target in mineralized soils by increasing or decreasing it?

It can help by increasing. Iron volume on my custom program for mineralized soils is on 5..

• Like 2

9 hours ago, raziel900 said:

can it improve the target in mineralized soils by increasing or decreasing it?

In Australia our dirt is severely mineralized were ever you go detecting. Some places are worse than others, but most times its just bad. I run my iron volume on 1, I can still hear it just fine, would hate to lose a deep little squeaker being drowned out by a piece of iron nearby, that may be the find of a lifetime.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, unox said:

In Australia our dirt is severely mineralized were ever you go detecting. Some places are worse than others, but most times its just bad. I run my iron volume on 1, I can still hear it just fine, would hate to lose a deep little squeaker being drowned out by a piece of iron nearby, that may be the find of a lifetime.

I have hunted with Deus 2 and other VLFs in areas where the iron mineralization was so bad that every coin sized or smaller target that wasn't on the surface gave at least a partial iron response. If I had my iron volume level too low I would have missed some of the deeper targets if they had iron grunts that were whispers.

• Like 3

Just goes to show how being in a different part of the world and the soils all having different levels of minerals in the ground can make a huge difference to how we read our machines differently.

• Like 4

On 1/6/2023 at 7:34 PM, Lodge Scent said:

Raziel, Iron Volume doesn't impact raw depth directly. However, it is possible to miss a deep or weak nonferrous target if it is next to iron and you have the Iron Volume cranked up too high. You just might not hear that faint good signal.

I should have mentioned I have extremely mild mineralization in my area. Folks are making very good points about Iron Volume in hot soils.