Gold Basin Is Still Giving Up The Gold!!

Nice! Curious- was the area littered with bull  quartz like that over the ground, or was that specimen buried very deep? I’ve hunted areas with quartz that like that in several districts without any finds.

Good going for you on those nice finds.

Good luck on your next hunt and lets see if you can double that.

• Like 1

No there wasn't alot of bull quartz laying around. 

Here is the video of the hunt when I found the specimen. I will be editing the video of hydro-shocking the specimen tomorrow morning and getting it up. 

IMG_20230108_151700713.jpg

• Like 1

Nice speci find from Gold Basin.   That area has been a good one for those who are patient and know what to listen for.

I watch and listen to the video, thank you. That hot rock about fooled me as well but a little softer than the speci signal.  Question on your GPX-6000.  Did you send it in yet for speaker update? 

I haven't on mine as I might need it soon. Although I do have the Axiom...but my partner would then be without.

On a side note, anyone get any meteorites?

Well done. 

• Like 1

Gerry, I don't think I am ever going to send it in to get fixed. It is finding me gold consistently, even behind someone who is very good with the 7000. On top of that I am hunting at least 5 days a week now for a year and 3 months. As soon as I leave Arizona, I will be hitting my claims 7 days a week till October and back to Arizona. I can't afford to be without it. I got two meteorites here in Meadview within walking distance from my camp

IMG_20221217_151513179_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221217_151447743_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221217_151423160_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221217_151349290_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221217_151401658_HDR.jpg

• Like 4

Glad you are able to get a few meteorites from there as well.  The 2nd one is really cool.

While watching/listening to your video, my ears were pretty keene on the sounds your GPX-6000 was making and I was most certain it had not been sent in.  You are right, it's tough to send in the detectors when we need them for our daily use.  Unfortunately, I'm not quite caught up with you yet on the travel as needed.  Give me a few more yrs and I'll be there.

Yes the GPX-6000's can find gold without the updated, heck most of us on here have been doing it for over a year now.  I've yet to run side by side with a detector that has had it done, but I was informed there is a noticeable difference.  I sometimes wonder, if there is any loss of depth or sensitivity when getting it done?

Keep it up and hopefully 2023 is golden for you in many ways.

• Like 1