Went To A Iron Infested Site Tried Some New Settings With The Deus2 And It Paid Off

6 hours ago, NCtoad said:

Wow, I just posted about finding more coins in my pounded site using the Fast program with disc at 40!   Your finds are much, much nicer than what I got, but still a testament to the D2 fast program.  Congrats!

I think we're on to something next time try disc at 6.8 and notch at 40 once you know you're in the iron there's no need to hear it any longer and it will make your high tones pop! Deus2 notch is not like any other detector you won't lose any signals by notching.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, NCtoad said:

Wow, I just posted about finding more coins in my pounded site using the Fast program with disc at 40!   Your finds are much, much nicer than what I got, but still a testament to the D2 fast program.  Congrats!

By chance do you remember what your silencer was set to? I had mine on 2 but I believe zero will be more productive I will try it this weekend and let you know

Nice finds!  I actually took your settings to a local Civil War camp site yesterday that we've hunted since the late 1990s.  Getting a non ferrous target there, no matter what it is, is a good achievement.  To my VERY big surprise, I dug a large piece of old brass that's approx 5-6 inches long and heavy but no idea what it is.  I've walked and swung over it dozens of times with dozens of other detectors.  It was actually rather deep...something I discounted with the Fast program because I thought it was only for picking out shallower stuff in iron. I need to go back and hunt some more...it's on a hill and the wind was so hard and loud yesterday I couldn't hardly hear with headphones on and the wind would blow me backwards.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2023 at 4:12 AM, Daniel Tn said:

Nice finds!  I actually took your settings to a local Civil War camp site yesterday that we've hunted since the late 1990s.  Getting a non ferrous target there, no matter what it is, is a good achievement.  To my VERY big surprise, I dug a large piece of old brass that's approx 5-6 inches long and heavy but no idea what it is.  I've walked and swung over it dozens of times with dozens of other detectors.  It was actually rather deep...something I discounted with the Fast program because I thought it was only for picking out shallower stuff in iron. I need to go back and hunt some more...it's on a hill and the wind was so hard and loud yesterday I couldn't hardly hear with headphones on and the wind would blow me backwards.

That’s great, thanks for letting me know I’m about to head out the door now to an iron infested Civil War/homesite that burnt down in the early 1900s the place is littered with nails so I’m going to give it a try using the settings very doubtful anything will pop up because I’ve spent many hours picking the buttons out of the nails but I’ll let you know if anything does

• Like 1

Can’t wait to try those settings when I get to the historic sites up north next spring.