White's Sierra Pulse Pro ( White's SPP )

Apologize if I'm telling you something you already know.  The TDI/SPP and the TDI/SL are the same with a few exceptions:  1) No conductivity switch on the SPP, 2) no delay adjustment on the SPP, 3) different standard coils -- SL has the 12 inch dual field; SPP has the 12 inch mono and a 6 inch mono.

The used market prices on Ebay don't show a big difference between the two.  Over the last 3 months the prices are in the $600-$800 range, with some variation due to number of coils or added accessories, and other variations which are just the nature of online buying/selling.  The sold count (I only look at sold listings) for working units is 1 SPP (ended just last week) and 6 SL's.

The heavier, nicknamed 'big box' versions (original Pulse Scan TDI and the Pro) are more expensive on average but the price range of the original does overlap that of the SL.  Bidding on the Pro models has been spirited (approachin the new price) and they don't come up often.

The $1100 special White's is running (mentioned above by Ridge Runner) is a pretty good deal if you want to go for brand new, full warranty.  That Miner John coil is highly regarded and for many applications possibly the best choice if you're going the single coil route.  But if the budget is tight, the used market is reasonable, IMO.

GB Amatuer

The 12” coil I got from Jimmy Sierra with my SPP don’t say but looks like a dual field coil to me. I got the 6” coil with it too,

One thing about the SPP it’s as simple as it gets but yet a great detector for the money.

Chuck

36 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

The 12” coil I got from Jimmy Sierra with my SPP don’t say but looks like a dual field coil to me.

I think the TDI dual field 12 inch and the TDI mono 12 inch (also called 'Oz' and 'Aussie') are indistinguishable with one possible exception (labeling) and a second more conclusive exception:  whether or not there is a copper coil on the inner ring.

The easy way to determine is to use a handheld pinpointer and investigate if the inner ring contains metal.  If 'yes' it's the dual field, otherwise it's the mono.

White's also makes two small (7.5 inch) format coils in both dual field and mono.  But the 6 inch that came with the SPP is a mono.  I've opened mine up and modified it (adding weight so it would sink in water) and can confirm that.

• Like 1

Got home and the first thing was check my  coil . It looked to be a dual field coil but that all it is just looks.

Chuck

I do remember now when I got the TDI the coil said on it Dual Field. When I got the SPP and seeing the same looking coil all I said was great. I guess this didn’t come to my attention because of it sitting in the corner most of the time.

Old saying is seeing is believing but in this case you can’t believe what you see.

Oh well it was and still is going strong at a great price.

It’s like that Special TDI SL with Miner John’s coil on it and it too is a great price. My problem is I don’t like the tan color! Me they could have stayed with black. I know to some that may sound stupid but again that’s me.

Maybe my Mama bounce me on my head when I was a baby ?.

Chuck

PS White’s all I can is next time you make a big decision like that you really need to call me.

I been thinking what would be a good name for the Special. Hang on after this they will be flying off the shelf.

T D I  SSL and leave it black

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2014 at 5:53 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

I agree Reg that this is a real bargain bang-for-the-buck detector. It is too bad it is seeing very limited distribution and will possibly be available for only a limited time. Once stocks are depleted that may be it.

Glad to hear you have one and can comment on it for people who are interested. I like what you are saying about the 6" coil.

post-1-0-29045600-1400114925_thumb.jpg

I wish I'd bought the smaller 6" coil instead of the large one

The Australian Whites distributor still has the 150 coils in stock for $220au, though also advertises them on ebay for $50au plus postage.  Might be worth looking up if still keen, converted over to US dollars it is a real bargain (around $38US).  Seems we received a fair few of the SPP units after their limited success on the African market, I still own one with a range of Miner John coils.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to White's Sierra Pulse Pro ( White's SPP )