White's Sierra Pulse Pro ( White's SPP )

I believe I was the first person to post about the GMT Super Pulse back in Sept 2013. This looks to be the same detector with different stock coil relabeled for US sales. If you follow the thread at Link deleted since Findmall update broke all old links you will see that I liked the unit and talk about trying to get one. I did follow up with inquiries which may have got certain people thinking.

But seriously this detector first came out in Aug 2011 as the TDI SL. This is just the SL with a more limited control set. Nothing really new here except the breakthrough price.

White's GMT SuperPulse website (no longer active)

whites-gmt-superpulse-tdi-variant.jpg
White's GMT Super Pulse (TDI variant sold in Africa)

• Like 1

It was actually made for the African market, along with the SGT, the simplified GMT.  The Africans didn't like it for several reasons so Whites kinda got stuck with a lot of inventory.  It's been sitting "in storage" for the last two years until Jimmy decided to take a chance and see if there was a market here.  It had to be priced right too, under $1000, to make it viable.  It's the same as the SL but with some of the controls removed.  It was thought a simple pulse machine over there would do well against the high priced Minelabs, but it didn't fly.

Digger Bob

Don't get me wrong, it's a very good machine.  It's just simplified, much like the GMZ was to the GMT.  Or the SST is to the MXT.  And now we have the SGT, a simplified GMT.  The market strategy may seem odd, but it makes sense.  Easier to use and cheaper for someone just testing the waters to see if they like detecting.  All brands have different models with different features and prices for a wide range of potential customers.  Just trying to cover all the bases.

Hey Bob,

That is not what I at least was talking about. The more options the merrier. It is this weird deal of several detectors in a row now that can only be purchased through the White's of California distribution network. If I was a White's dealer out east I would not be pleased. The politics are so strange that when I posted about this detector on the official White's forum my post was censored. Because it is considered a "Jimmy Product" and not a "White's Product" and posting about non-White's product is not allowed on that forum. Seriously, made by White's, warranty by White's, can't mention it on the White's forum?

That's the kind of crap that made me start this forum.

Oh, I know all about that censorship on the "official" Whites forums.  They actually banned Reg from posting on it because he dared to compare a Whites machine to another brand.  He actually mentioned the name of the other brand!  How dare he!  So, yeah, from that standpoint, some of their marketing strategies are very strange.