White's Sierra Pulse Pro ( White's SPP )

Well, I just went back there and got my hands slapped so I am voluntarily banning myself from that forum. When it gets to the point that a detector manufactured by White's can't be mentioned because it says "Sierra" on the side things have gone too far.

Hey Steve

My thinking was that Jimmy and White's were blood  brothers but I guess that's not the case. I know on my first TDI if it hadn't been for Jimmy I may have still been sending back to White's to get fixed. It was on it's way for the third time and Jimmy called White's. That call done the trick and here came my new TDI. Another thing Jimmy done for me was he gave me the small Digger coil for my trouble.

Jimmy's site says the sale in Ca. Ut . Nv. and  Az. in person in store only. Me as a customer should be able to call any dealer of White's and order the SPP. I can learn more on the net about TDI SL being it's the big brother to the SPP than most dealers know other than Digger Bob.

If they got more than two they need to sell be it  White's are Jimmy they need to give the whole US a shot at it.

The funny thing on White's site they say the TDI Pro is out of stock but others say they can get it for me.

Only the powers that be know!

Chuck Anders

Apparently this is exclusive to Jimmy Sierra. It is not entirely clear if this is a one-time run of product or if this will form part of Whites regular offerings. Would seem to be more aimed at the African gold market, but who knows?

It looks like a smoking deal with the 2 coils.

It certainly looks like an inventory clearance deal with limited availability. I suppose if it was a hot product though they could just make more. But there may not be much money in it for them at this price.

This detector is a real sleeper.  I am trying one now and I find it basically really is the SL but lacking the adjustable delay and conductivity switch as mentioned.  The two mono coils that come with it (while supplies last) make this a great deal since the SL actually works a little better with mono coils. 

My testing of this unit displays it is no slouch, especially for the price.  For example, I used a 2 peso gold coin (1.66gram) as a test target since it is quite standard and available for others to test and found this unit with the controls set at preset could detect the 2 peso coin with the 12" mono coil at 8" with a very distinct signal and close to 9" with a very weak signal.  Maxing out the gain control gained a little but not much.  This testing was done inside on a noisy day.  On a previous test inside I managed to hear the coin at close to 10" when using the 12" mono but the signal was quite weak and required just the right sweep speed.

Outside in my back yard I have a power pole with a transformer on it so a higher voltage is there.  As such it is a little noisier but the noise reduction circuitry does minimize noise problems. 

Personally, I don't miss the delay control  since I seldom used it anyway, but I do miss the conductivity switch.  I prefer to run in the low conductor mode when nugget hunting and reducing the GB setting to enhance small gold signals. Using either single conductor mode on the regular SL does reduce the noise a little.  

Now, I can only adjust the GB control as a means of tweaking.  This is no big deal since I can listen to the audio to determine larger iron targets.  Also, many people are afraid of missing larger gold so they want to run in ALL anyway, so this detector certainly fits the bill.

With the additional 6" loop as an added feature at this time makes this deal is even better.  I tried a 2+ grain nugget I often use for a test piece and the detector hits it fine up to maybe 2" from the 6" loop.  I really didn't do much better with my 5" by 8" elliptical loop with the foldback design.  Now, this small nugget does sound off when close to the edge of the 12" loop, but no signal when passed over the center. 

I like to use the GB control to tweak the detector.  For example, back off a little on the GB an go slow and small gold is enhanced a little.  Advance the GB control a little and, again, go slow and more and more iron junk generates a low tone.   So, I decided to try some extremes in my back yard where the gound is quite mineralized. 

I found with the controls at preset and using the 6" coil, I could tweak the GB from 4 to max and get very little ground noise if any regardless of how sloppy I was with keeping the coil level.  Targets changing tones was about the only real noticeable thing I did notice from one GB extreme to the other.  This is sweet to say the least especially if one is going to be out on the desert hunting.  Now, keep in mind the ground is quite flat where I tested it so things could change over really rough uneven ground, but personally, I think if it does change, it won't be much. 

Overall, I feel this detector is a really great buy for someone who wants to try a PI but doesn't want to spend a lot. Oh yeah, the more I use it, the more I like it.  Why? Fewer controls to get bumped is one big reason.

Like the other SL siblings, this detector has an ideal sweep speed for maximum depth on small gold and that speed is slower than most people go with their VLF.  I strongly advise people to experiment with small gold targets to find that ideal sweep speed and get used to hunting at it.  The biggest mistake I feel people make is go to fast with any TDI models.  It isn't that much of a problem when looking for coins, but it does make a big difference when looking for the really small gold.

Reg

• Like 1

I agree Reg that this is a real bargain bang-for-the-buck detector. It is too bad it is seeing very limited distribution and will possibly be available for only a limited time. Once stocks are depleted that may be it.

Glad to hear you have one and can comment on it for people who are interested. I like what you are saying about the 6" coil.

post-1-0-29045600-1400114925_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Figures, I start looking for an inexpensive PI to nugget shoot with, and one pops up but for only a limited time.

Oh well, maybe a SPP or an SL will turn up on the used market once my PI fund is better established.

Sounds to be a good "low budget"/novice machine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

We at the European Center of Military History, we'v got one SPP offered from USA (kellydetector).

Unfortunately we didn't get the Manual and Head Set. So I went out just for a test and this little guy became almost insane while we were checking on a B-17 Bomber crash site.

It picked up a Cal .50 bullet (not the entire round - just the bullet) at 67 cm deep ...

In comparison to the past with Whites 2DB 5 and 6000 I think this SPP would pick up a metal part like a Jerrycan at something like 150 to 200 cm...

post-316-0-09754700-1402024688_thumb.jpg

post-316-0-84799800-1402024707_thumb.jpg

post-316-0-42062600-1402024727_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Patty 

I don’t know how much money you want to spend but I don’t need to know.

White’s has what they call a TDI SL with Miner John’s coil on it called Special for about 1100.00. If you check around you could find a regular TDI SL at a good price.

It was a limited number of the SPP and when they were all sold they were history. White’s made them for a market other than US and they didn’t sell.

Now I have a SPP with the two coils it came with. I have a have a early model of the Sadie coil on the way to me now. If you would be interested just PM me and we can talk about it.

A new detector is like a new car and it has a great new smell coming from it. I’m just saying if you got the money go buy you a new detector.

Chuck

• The title was changed to White's Sierra Pulse Pro ( White's SPP )