Don't Forget The Ground Stability Setting.

parkgt

I worked in tracking only during the first months with D1. But that field was full of hot rocks with GMI jumps and so with GMI changes using tracking. I prefer grabbing every now and then. I don’t know if tracking changes also the ground stabilizer but I don’t think. I think that, if I set ground stabilizer on 1 and GMI changes, tracking option changes the phase but ground stabilizer remains as you set it..

• Like 1

The ground stabilizer is basically a Hot rock correction setting ... where setting the ground stabilizer to a value of 2 is basically a neutral HT correction, a setting of 1 means a hot rock setting to +, which can return deep signals from the iron zone back to the non-iron zone...
clearly not in every terrain you can use the HT correction to + - because you may start to get a signal of a ground fault, for example with *ID at 99-98... then you have to set the HT correction to a neutral value../ground stabilizer 2/

This setting is nothing new... Whites often used it hot rock correction on +... in their detectors in deep programs like Deep Silver...

• Like 5

On 1/18/2023 at 9:31 AM, EL NINO77 said:

because you may start to get a signal of a ground fault, for example with *ID at 99-98...

Your observation played out exactly as you indicated El Nino. I have left the ground stabilizer at 2 since I got the D2 a year ago. Today I set it to 1. Yep, I got a lot of "99s".

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2023 at 5:40 PM, Ogliuga said:

Here I have a big hematite area and the mineralization strenght bar is full. Readings are on seventies and sometimes on early eighties. It’s a really hot soil, red dirt..

1619E63D-2764-4DB5-A186-5E897735F11A.jpeg.cdff5a084afabecddd7fed5476313f13.jpeg

I've never read up on this mineralization stuff, I live in sw tip va and never get a gb under 78 and usually don't gb. 3 to 5 bars on d2. 9" maxish depth on quarters,minie balls n most things even on nox so I assume the dirt to have mineralization but that's only educated assuming. Comparing others performance to mine education lol many time 6" minie ball only sounds off one way and broken to notta the other!? Any quick opinion or lessons would be appreciated 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Commonwealthdetector said:

I've never read up on this mineralization stuff, I live in sw tip va and never get a gb under 78 and usually don't gb. 3 to 5 bars on d2. 9" maxish depth on quarters,minie balls n most things even on nox so I assume the dirt to have mineralization but that's only educated assuming. Comparing others performance to mine education lol many time 6" minie ball only sounds off one way and broken to notta the other!? Any quick opinion or lessons would be appreciated 

Ground balancing is always a good idea. Mineralization affects machine response and mineralization of soil is not usually uniform, but varies, sometimes greatly, across an area of ground. It's probably more uniform in farm feeds as a result of fertilization.

I don't have many minnie balls where I hunt, but they are made of lead and can vary in shape quite a bit, specially fired ones. So the shape and irregular surface will affect the way it sounds off in different directions.

HTH

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Commonwealthdetector said:

I agree with CPT, ground balancing is important and mineralization of soil can vary quite a lot. If you pump the coil on the ground, not only swinging, I think you could see maybe 7 mineralization strenght bars. Your soils are medium mineralized, not so mild, and I would also consider that lead conductivity is low. So, considering a lead target 6” under the ground, considering also its position probably not quite optimal, in my opinion the only “one way” signal is normal..