Weight Of N F 16x10 Coil For GPX

I’m a Nugget Finder fan because the NF 16 x 10 will reportedly be 100 grams lighter than the Coiltek 14 x 9 and after 8 hours swinging, at my age, that’s noticeable 

Does anyone know how the weight of the NF 16 x 10 compares to the stock 11" mono and also how does it affect the balance of the detector? , shaft twist?

1 hour ago, Dutchman4 said:

Does anyone know how the weight of the NF 16 x 10 compares to the stock 11" mono and also how does it affect the balance of the detector? , shaft twist?

Saw this somewhere, I think on here?

56EBA5A6-2E84-4D75-A5EF-53ED2B71C9B4.jpeg

• Like 2

So, if the advertised numbers are correct, then it appears that the NF 16 x 10 is 6oz heavier than ML 11.   That is pretty good and makes the NF 16 x 10 6oz less than the, not so pleasant to swing, ML 14 DD and almost 8oz lighter than the ML 13 x 17.

Be nice if NF can start delivering these.

The NF 16 x 10 didn’t feel as heavy as the Minelab 17” elliptical and the table I stole from someone here and posted says it should be lighter but I can’t be sure.
You can definitely feel the weight out there but, at least for me, it was still ok.
After 8 hours it might get tiresome especially as I don’t use any support assistance.
I called Michael and asked about the shaft twist.
He does get some but only if he puts abnormal strain on the shaft like leaning on it.
If shaft twist is an issue you can get these:

https://www.finderskeepersgold.com/product/gpx6000-lower-shaft-replacement/

My 6000 has this shaft and it’s much better than the standard twist lock shit.
However, it does not flex/twist at all so any such force you accidentally put into the shaft will be transferred into your coil ears and may break them.
So if you are a ‘leaner’, this may not be the best idea.
This one piece shaft is also longer than standard and being 6’ 5” it suits me better for the extra length alone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dutchman4 said:

So, if the advertised numbers are correct, then it appears that the NF 16 x 10 is 6oz heavier than ML 11.   That is pretty good and makes the NF 16 x 10 6oz less than the, not so pleasant to swing, ML 14 DD and almost 8oz lighter than the ML 13 x 17.

Be nice if NF can start delivering these.

Rest assured, Rohan and staff are working furiously to get the 6000 coils out.
He lost his dad late last year and has had an unexpected production hiccup to contend with as well.
Rohans unfortunate reality is that talking about coils, designing coils, testing coils, making coils and even shipping coils does not get him paid for his effort.
The only thing that does get him paid is the end sale so as disappointed as I am with the delays I am quite sure Rohan is many, many times as disappointed as me.
All I can say is that it will be worth the wait and I am sure Steve H, having also seen the 16 x 10 in action, will concur.
You’ all better get ready to go over those patches aaagggggaaaaiiiiinnnnnnnnn 🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Gone Bush said:

My 6000 has this shaft and it’s much better than the standard twist lock shit.

The same thing is avail on Ebay (where I got mine) and can attest to its use-ability, its awesome. Whomever at Minelab thought that the twist-(not) lock was a good idea, needs a good slappin'.....

Yeah, the dramas re the chip wiring and programming (another totally stupid idea) are well known and I can only shudder when considering the amount of time, effort and money lost getting the whole shamozzle fixed. Whilst anxious to get the product we paid for, we can empathize with Rohan and Co, given the details. By all accounts, the 12x7 is first off the rank (within days/weeks), followed by the 16x10 (perhaps in March) and then the 8.5x6. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm prepared to wait , but no information is doing my head in. Is the 16x10 a spoked coil or a solid coil ? Or both! Paid for mine in august 22 and still don't know if I'm getting spoked or solid. I know a lot of people will disagree,  but I hate spoked  coils! Reason is they get caught on every stick , rock, piece of bark , grass ect ect. Plus they are to hard to seal the skid plate . I like to run tape around outside to keep dust and moisture out, impossible with a spoked coil.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nedkelly said:

Is the 16x10 a spoked coil or a solid coil ?

All pics, tester samples and discussion has been related to a solid coil.

• Like 1