Manticore Complaints?

I have not noticed any big complaints about the Manticore so far. I mean there has been the iron falsing concern, but other than that no build quality issues or comfort issues I have heard of. I am supposed to get mine in a few days. For the people that have them already how would you rate form and function? Is there anything so far that is remotely sketchy or buggy?

• Like 1

Not enough time on it to notice the negatives yet. It's pretty lightweight and I didn't notice any issues swinging it but I haven't had a full hunt with it yet. Hopefully I will get out Thursday and spend the full day using it at a beach. Haven't done a relic hunt yet, but on the beach the iron is manageable. Any iron I dug last time out was by choice or with the pinpointer in with other targets. Only got really fooled twice, but I'm still learning. I think that the issues will come later after some wear and tear on the units. Hopefully it doesn't leak. We need some southern guys to take it in the water. But for me, no complaints so far.

• Like 6

I am very much on the fence regarding the Manticore,one minute I want to buy one and the next minute I am unsure and think I will go for the 900 lol. There have not been enough glowing reports yet to convince me, purchasers seem happy with it but not blown away by it.

• Like 1

I believe that my biggest complaint it the fact that I don't have one. Sooner or later I might buy one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Maybe a little sensitive to emi like the Nox...some may find the lower shaft a bit flimsy. Larger vid to have to memorize...Otherwise I love the machine. It’s a cherry picker in a park. 

Strick

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

200-400 hours with device and we can start talk about it....

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Personally I know within a few hours ( 10-15 hours ) if a detector is for me or not . This is what happened with the D2 last year when I tested it in March , I very quickly knew that it was a machine for me . Probably my long experience with detectors helps though ...  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, palzynski said:

Personally I know within a few hours ( 10-15 hours ) if a detector is for me or not . This is what happened with the D2 last year when I tested it in March , I very quickly knew that it was a machine for me . Perhaps my long experience with the D1 and other brands detectors helped though ...  

You have right, but full view takes time... in different conditions. I was spend 5 months to compare D2 to The Legend.

• Like 1

Which one is winning right now after 5 months?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Shelton said:

I agree Shelton especially when I am discovering all of the details about some of the more complicated, feature rich detectors like the Equinox, Deus 2, Legend and now the Manticore. What seems like minor adjustment to one setting can make a lot of difference and really testing and using the many different programs with those possible different settings choices takes time.

There are programs/settings combinations that I have not used yet in a real world hunt scenario on my Equinox 800 which I have had for 4 years!!!!! Obviously, the same goes for the Legend and Deus 2 from my standpoint so I have just begun to scratch the surface on those fine detectors. 

The Manticore for me anyway, would require even more careful consideration of its many features before I would begin to make a "final" decision about its real position in the SMF VLF world of detectors. Since Manticore has Multi IQ, I already know it will have the potential for excellent target ID accuracy. I would want to find out the depth and accuracy limits of Target Trace in different types of ground. I would also want to know how many targets can Target Trace simultaneously display.......more than three?????....... and what settings changes can improve or mess-up the accuracy and clarity of Target Trace? That would be just scratching the surface of the questions I would have.

Similar to Alain however, I know within 5 minutes of use if a detector has potential for my area and the targets I hunt. Just to make sure, I sometimes purchase a used detector that I tried out previously and rejected, thinking maybe I missed something. So far........I didn't.

• Like 3