D2 Fast Pulls Coins From My Pounded Site

Nice run NC! 👍

Cool that you said "and now for something completely different", and it came up strong. 🏆 Seems to me the D2 is full of surprises. 🤔

Might give that a shot myself. Saw another post with similar settings that had a good return. 🙂

Did you get a lot of trash?

• Like 3

Nice hunt and glad to see the saves.

Good luck out there on your next hunt.

• Like 2

Still cool finds, NCt! Silver will come, but that Anchor button is cool and the Flier's button looks like it could be WWI era. Well done!

• Like 2

Yep the fast program is the real deal...I’ve had it pull out 3 coins in a small area where a house burned down that I had previously been over with the Nox and 10x5 ...deus fast sniffed them right out. 

Strick

• Like 5

I'm now a believer in the FAST program I don't think it'll be my first choice at a new site but it does a hell of a job of cleaning up an old site. Don't be scared to use notch either once you know you're in the iron why listen to it? Notch can really free up those commingled targets I don't think it works like that on any other detector.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Nice run NC! 👍

Cool that you said "and now for something completely different", and it came up strong. 🏆 Seems to me the D2 is full of surprises. 🤔

Might give that a shot myself. Saw another post with similar settings that had a good return. 🙂

Did you get a lot of trash?

I think I dug two holes that were nails. You have to remember though how many times I’ve hit this area. Thus I’m digging signals I probably wouldn’t if it were a newer site.  The more times I go over a site the iffier the signals I will dig praying that it might be silver!

• Like 3

If the D2 is ID'ing coins in trash better than certain detectors, then does it have to do with the following, and would you be able to do the same with other detectors?

1) Using a low iron bias.

2) Using a fast recovery speed.

3) Using a SMF mode that is heavily weighted toward low frequencies such as 3 khz to 5 khz, which often provides much better ID's on coins when masked by nonferrous trash. It seems as though when going above around 7-10 khz, nonferrous masked coins will ID lower than nickel and could have very well been missed with other detectors. For example, to the best of my knowledge, the Nox's Park1 goes above 10 khz.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Digalicious said:

If the D2 is ID'ing coins in trash better than certain detectors, then does it have to do with the following, and would you be able to do the same with other detectors?

1) Using a low iron bias.

2) Using a fast recovery speed.

3) Using a SMF mode that is heavily weighted toward low frequencies such as 3 khz to 5 khz, which often provides much better ID's on coins when masked by nonferrous trash. It seems as though when going above around 7-10 khz, nonferrous masked coins will ID lower than nickel and could have very well been missed with other detectors. For example, to the best of my knowledge, the Nox's Park1 goes above 10 khz.

I don’t know what voodoo hoodoo stuff xp has going on with the d2.  I had silencer at 2, bottlecaps at 0 and reactivity at 3.