V1.10 Beta Update Released

JCR

1 hour ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

Well that's nice and cryptic.  I have a feeling they may be taking their time so they can finally lock the detector and stop with the update craziness.

careful what you wish for, the whole purpose of a update-able detector is so they can update to make things better or for if there are bugs that need to be fixed, I do feel this next update will be the last one for the time being, but who actually knows, there are some that no matter what a company does it will never be enough.

• Like 1

I hope they keep making improvements Via periodic updates.   I personally would like a second C Disc available & a few other things like a LG 18C & LG 23C Concentric coil. A version of a Long Press Noise Cancel would be great too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DSMITH said:
4 hours ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

Well that's nice and cryptic.  I have a feeling they may be taking their time so they can finally lock the detector and stop with the update craziness.

careful what you wish for, the whole purpose of a update-able detector is so they can update to make things better or for if there are bugs that need to be fixed, I do feel this next update will be the last one for the time being, but who actually knows, there are some that no matter what a company does it will never be enough.

Agree. There's a fine balance in the shift in state from optimization to stabilization. We all really want both at all times, but if the software hits a generally desirable final state maxing out hardware capabilities, hopefully it only requires infrequent updates to correct bugs.

That said, I'm still happily running whatever the latest 1.10v# Notka had out in early Jan. Happily running the update, I should say, but not much actual use per the late January deep freeze here.  I'm hoping to get out this weekend, however, at least for an hour or two to play around some more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DSMITH said:

I get what you are saying but you have to reach a point where a detector is locked.  Eleven updates is excessive and can convey the idea, fair or not, that the manufacturer did not do enough testing before release.  I am also not in favor of customer beta testing only because if you ask 100 different detectorists what they would want on their detector than you will get 100 different answers.  The Legend is a good detector.  Issue this update and outside of bugs let it be.  Time for Nokta Makro to move onto other detectors, like a PI for example.

Just my two cents worth.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

I get what you are saying but you have to reach a point where a detector is locked.  Eleven updates is excessive and can convey the idea, fair or not, that the manufacturer did not do enough testing before release.  I am also not in favor of customer beta testing only because if you ask 100 different detectorists what they would want on their detector than you will get 100 different answers.  The Legend is a good detector.  Issue this update and outside of bugs let it be.  Time for Nokta Makro to move onto other detectors, like a PI for example.

Just my two cents worth.

where are you getting 11 updates from there has only been 5 updates and 1 beta test version, then when 1.11 comes out it will be the 6th update

the Legend came out with 1.04, then shortly after cam 1.05, and 1.06 shortly there after,1.06 was found to have issues so Nokta/Macro fixed the issues and quickly came out with 1.07, then a couple months later 1.08 came out, 1.08 had issues and Nokta fixed those issues and gave us 1.09, 1.09 is a good version but Legend users insisted on more and more things be added so Nokta a few months later came out with Beta Test version 1.10.1 and shortly after 1.10.2, 1.10.2 will be finalized version and become 1.11, so where are you getting 11 updates not even close, there has been several things added in the updates that have been released

• Like 2

On 2/9/2023 at 8:28 PM, Bill (S. CA) said:

I have a feeling they may be taking their time so they can finally lock the detector and stop with the update craziness.

Don't know if it's to finally lock the detector but going from a beta version to a production version takes time. The final version needs to be 100% clear of any bugs, residual code, ... Better that they take the time and do it right than to rush it and release something that's not 100% up to Nokta standards 🙂

I have been playing extensively with the latest beta version the last few days and I must recall my earlier post about it being less stable as 1.09. Given a correct setup, it's at least as stable as 1.09. 

• Like 6

22 hours ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

Just my two cents worth.

Most of the updates weren't to fix issues, but rather enhancements and extra features as requested by the users. That's a good thing.

The beta update is of course optional, and Nokta was only accepting feedback on that update if anyone found a bug in the update. They were not accepting requests. IMO, beta updates are a smart move.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, HerrUU said:

Don't know if it's to finally lock the detector but going from a beta version to a production version takes time.

I think this latest update will pretty much lock the Legend. I mean, how many more features can they possibly add? Save some for your next detector Nokta! lol.

Let's also keep in mind that this is Nokta's first attempt at an SMF detector, and as far as I'm concerned, they Noktad it out of the park 🙂

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

Just my two cents worth.

you may not believe this but Nokta/Macro released the Legend at exactly the time they wanted it released, they knew there would be updates, and anyone that figured there would not be updates was living in a dream state, in my opinion, the problem is they just did not know exactly how many updates would be needed, Legend users kept asking for more and more added features and Nokta delivered, which I will agree almost all those added features have made the Legend the detector that Nokta wanted it to be, do I feel it is the detector to be all that ends all other detectors (No) but the Legend is turning out to be a great detector, there is always something that can be better, in everything, including all detectors and manufacturers, this is my opinion, the one thing I am hoping is when the next update comes to all of us that use the Legend is that in Nokta's final adjustments to version 1.10.2 Beta test version they do not dumb the Legend down, personally I could leave the 1.10 beta test version on my one Legend and be perfectly happy with what Nokta has given us, will I do that nope because I want to see what the 1.11 has to offer, i do have two legends one which I have yet to install the 1.10.2 on it is still on 1.09 it will remain 1.09 until I see what the finalized 1.11 is, I will tell you though in my comparisons, between 1.09 and 1.10.2 the 1.10.2 is a much better version. 

3 hours ago, Digalicious said:

I think this latest update will pretty much lock the Legend. I mean, how many more features can they possibly add? Save some for your next detector Nokta! lol.

Let's also keep in mind that this is Nokta's first attempt at an SMF detector, and as far as I'm concerned, they Nocked it out of the park 🙂

Agree with you I think the 1.11 will most likely be the last update but I do not want it completely locked so they can't do bug fixes, which I feel there are a couple bugs that need fixed my hopes are they finally fix those bugs with the 1.11

I will also agree that Nokta's first swing with SMF they knocked it out of the park, leaves you thinking if they can build a detector like the legend on the first try at SMF what does the future detectors they can build going to be, like the PI they are working on

• Like 2