You Ever Do This?

I keep an Excel spreadsheet with lots of information (date, # hrs detected, detector+coil used, weather, location, finds + running total of different coin find categories).  When I go West I do keep zip-lock bags of relic finds, and when I'm 'on top of my game' I put an index card in saying where they were found.

But I also have way too much junk/trash finds that need to be pared down....

Chuck A., I do try to leave the dirt out, though....  🤔

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

GB

Haha on leave the dirt out.

Until you get down to the dirt you don’t know the whole story.

You guys are a lots better than I ever was now are in the future.

Chuck 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have always left the trash in a bag and left it in one of the trash cans at the park, or if I am in the creeks take the trash to the next gas station and leave it there. Then I take the good stuff home with me and put it in a can or a jar until it adds up to a good amount to spend.

• Like 2

If I’m on a extended trip I will put stuff in zip locks and store it in the truck. I’m not nearly as organized as you fellas are...

strick

• Like 3

I keep hand-written notes of my hunts. I note the machine used, the location and any notable finds. I'll also provide clad totals (not just total amount, but how many of each coin).

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

7 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Then I take the good stuff home with me and put it in a can or a jar until it adds up to a good amount to spend.

The jar with the rancid whale oil?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thanks 1

I take pics of my finds from each hunt, both good targets and bad. My hunting buddies and I have a private chat room where we post all of our finds, so its always easy to scroll back and see what we've found, when we found it and where we found it.

• Like 3