First Gold Ring For The Year And The Inevitable Happened

Wonder if the coil ear feature will be adopted to the 700 and 900?

Not for nothing but I'd be freaking out on them!

Nice rings!

• Like 3

Been there x3 with the coil ears, but only one on a side each time!!😡 Send it to them for replacement! See what they say, since they know the defect very well!!!

And BTW, that looks like a gold nugget to me! They do turn up occasionally at the beach! Any of the nugget hunters may be able to say for sure!

Nice job with the hunt, and temporary coil repair!!🍀👍👍

• Like 4

9 hours ago, kac said:

Are the new nox coils compatible to the older nox machines?

Yes, from what I was told by a dealer! Only Manticore coils are not compatible with the  Noxs! But there was another question, about weather the shaft heads themselves, were compatible! I'm guessing yes since the coils are, but stranger things have cropped up with ML, soo...👍👍

• Like 2

You did well my friend.  I as well, hundreds of hours on my Equinox and yet to break the ears.  But I've seen it happen.

Those rings are nice and the gold nugget a great bonus.  I've seen a half dozen nuggets so far recovered from that storm and the beach hunters.  Still hoping to get down there next week, if possible.

Very nice and well earned. 

• Like 4

Sorry to see the ears break off and am really glad that you were able to stay on the hunt with the bungee cord.

Nice looking hunt to say the least with some great saves.

Good luck on your next hunt.

A friend broke some ears off his detectors coil and his friend who owns a auto body shop put them back on for him. They used some kind of epoxy that has never broken yet and that was 3 years ago. Just a thought.

• Like 2

Well done.  My 'take' from these storms is meager so far.

There is always tomorrow.

• Like 1

Nice gold. Wow, that's terrible both ears broke off. Are you going to try and repair them?

• Like 1