First Gold Ring For The Year And The Inevitable Happened

Fantastic hunt Seeker - well done and that bungee cord use impressive!

• Like 1

Great job on not giving up and finding a solution. I'm hoping to get out tomorrow morning to the beach. I'm landlocked right now due to road closures but I'm hopeful now the rain has ended for a day or two they can get things cleared up. 

• Like 1

For over 30 years I used nothing but Whites detectors and I never broke a ear off any of their coils.

On thinking back I don’t remember  using the coil for a shovel to push rocks out of the way. Just maybe that’s why I never broke a ear off any coil are any I have now.

They really don’t work good at busting rocks.

Chuck 

• Like 3

On 1/9/2023 at 7:12 PM, Joe D. said:

Been there x3 with the coil ears, but only one on a side each time!!😡 Send it to them for replacement! See what they say, since they know the defect very well!!!

And BTW, that looks like a gold nugget to me! They do turn up occasionally at the beach! Any of the nugget hunters may be able to say for sure!

Nice job with the hunt, and temporary coil repair!!🍀👍👍

I doubt they will warranty it but I’ll give it a try and see what happens. I need to check the little blob when I get a chance, been busy trying to find more gold at the beach. Thanks for the info.

On 1/9/2023 at 8:24 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

You did well my friend.  I as well, hundreds of hours on my Equinox and yet to break the ears.  But I've seen it happen.

Those rings are nice and the gold nugget a great bonus.  I've seen a half dozen nuggets so far recovered from that storm and the beach hunters.  Still hoping to get down there next week, if possible.

Very nice and well earned. 

It would be a nice bonus if it’s a nugget. Conditions have been quite decent at some Socal beaches. I just got back from my fifth hunt for the year and got some more yellow. Maybe I’ll see you out there when you come down. 

21 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Well done.  My 'take' from these storms is meager so far.

There is always tomorrow.

There’s a few more decent waves heading our way this week so hopefully you will get to fill your pouch with some yellow. Good luck

14 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

Nice gold. Wow, that's terrible both ears broke off. Are you going to try and repair them?

It’s unfortunate but I’m not too bothered by it. I glued the ears back on already and also installed some ear stiffeners with some homemade washers. I’ve taken it out on 4 more hunts and everything is golden 😎

8 hours ago, Compass said:

Fantastic hunt Seeker - well done and that bungee cord use impressive!

Thanks Compass. I’m a junkie and needed my gold fix badly so I did whatever I could to make it happen. It was awkward swinging it since the coil was off-center but I was able to finish my hunt. HH

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1