Personal Best Start To A New Year

Congrats, love the treasure pile! 🏆

If beach hunting was always that gratuitous, I'd be a full time beach hunter 🤠

• Like 1

Eight days is pretty hardcore!! But I get it! Gotta hit the sand, while conditions are good! Sometimes its days, other times it hours! Totally unlike land hunting, where items can be static for hundreds of years!

I'll repeat; great haul!🥳 And I'm sure you're body is paying for it now!😵 Ibuprofen is a detectorists best friend after days like that!

Keep on that EOY gold target!! It's painful but still doable!!🍀👍👍

• Like 2

Results will vary!  haha  I've had several hunts with much less results than yours.

You're on the gold.  Keep it going.  My beaches are keeping it.

• Like 2

One of these times your going to have to show me how it's done like that.

Great hunting and I know that was a lot of hard work.

Good luck and stay safe out there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Compass said:

And people wonder why we need such good quality scoops!

Couldn't agree more. Which do you have? 

Goes for shovels too. People raise their eyebrows when I mention my Ranger shovel, but I want them to know we invest a lot of money to make sure their yards will not look like they were carpet bombed. 😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

That is some great beach hunting!!!  😍 Awesome finds. Hurts to hunt like that, but well worth it. More storms coming in, maybe time to change beaches.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Compass

Congrats on all the goodies.  I had to laugh at the first picture.  I know that wave personally.  In fact I met that same wave about three times last week.  Once on a sanded out rocky beach.  It bounced me around on the rocks like a ping pong ball. I am still wearing five bandaids on one leg.  LOL (at least I only had a cuff break and not a shaft)  It is fun to find those "pockets" of crusty old coins because you know that gold and silver are in there too!  KOB is always prepared for the unexpected for sure!  Congrats again on the New Year start.   And keep facing the surf!  

Joe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, blackjack said:

Great finds, amazing, just every once in a while I wish there was 39 million people in Tasmania instead of 450,000 !

Thanks Blackjack, I don't much about Tasmania but we loved Australia when we visited in 2016 and want to visit New Zealand next year.

9 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Congrats, love the treasure pile! 🏆

If beach hunting was always that gratuitous, I'd be a full time beach hunter 🤠

Thank you Cal, Exactly. but how much more competition would there be if it was always good? I think it's perfect the way it is!

8 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Eight days is pretty hard core!! But I get it! Gotta hit the sand, while conditions are good! Sometimes its days, other times it hours! Totally unlike land hunting, where items can be static for hundreds of years!

I'll repeat; great haul!🥳 And I'm sure you're body is paying for it now!😵 Ibuprofen is a detectorists best friend after days like that!

Keep your on that EOY gold target!! It's painful but still doable!!🍀👍👍

Thanks Joe D. and you are spot on about the small windows of opportunity....and the ibuprofen!

8 hours ago, The Seeker said:

Amazing hunts. That’s a lot of digging but it paid off big time. I few more storms and hunts and you will have those 300 gold pieces in no time, provided your limbs don’t fall off from all that work. Good luck on the next one.

Thanks Seeker, Of course I'm joking about the 300 golds in a year but I think I could hit 100 if thinks go right. My best is around 70, I think.

7 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Results will vary!  haha  I've had several hunts with much less results than yours.

You're on the gold.  Keep it going.  My beaches are keeping it.

I was a bit surprised that I didn't see more hunters out there. These are popular beaches, however,  not easy to work.

5 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

One of these times your going to have to show me how it's done like that.

Great hunting and I know that was a lot of hard work.

Good luck and stay safe out there.

Thanks VL, Like I mentioned after my Hurricane Kay hunt 4 months ago, it all depends on when Mother Nature opens her purse. Did I mention I love my TDIBH despite her current issues?

4 hours ago, strick said:

Nice work Compass you earned all that stuff. More storms a coming. 

Strick

Thanks Strick, Yes, more big surf this Friday but the tides don't look very good.

2 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Couldn't agree more. Which do you have? 

Goes for shovels too. People raise their eyebrows when I mention my Ranger shovel, but I want them to know we invest a lot of money to make sure their yards will not look like they were carpet bombed. 😀

The 2 I like are the Stavr Evroexcavator (?) and Stealth 720i, both with carbon fiber shafts.

2 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

That is some great beach hunting!!!  😍 Awesome finds. Hurts to hunt like that, but well worth it. More storms coming in, maybe time to change beaches.

Thank you school, I felt no pain when I found the gold that is for sure! Yes, it's ben years since I hunted this area but sometimes change is good.

• Like 3