An Underwater Pinpointer With Coil?

My Minelab Profind 35 has unfortunately been drinking too much and can no longer hold its breath underwater.  On a brighter note, if it stays off the fluid it is still quite capable of stumbling around in the bush and honing in on those deep, deep bits of disappointing iron 🙃

So, I am on the lookout for an underwater pinpointer with one of those little coil thingo's that can scan a bit of wide area but also have the pinpointer end that can get stuck into the cracks and crevices.   

It seems there are really only 2 choices - the Quest Scuba Tector or the Nokta Pulsedive 2 in 1.  

Both are Pulse Induction, both waterproof to 60 metres, both come standard with similar size coils, both have vibration, sound, lost alarms and all that sort of thing.  

Scuba-Tector - AU$255 but only 1 year warranty. 

Nokta Pulse Dive - AU$309 but 2 year warranty.  

I think I am leaning towards the Pulse Dive for the warranty and I probably favour the Nokta brand.  

However, I think I prefer the fact the Scuba-tector pinpointer bit thing is a whole piece and doesn't screw off and screw on like the Nokta (less bits to lose). 

I did see the Scuba-Tector Pro but it doesn't have the pinpoint option, just the coil.  

So, Detector Prospector community...what are your thoughts?  

Have you owned both?  Which did you prefer?  Any issues?   Depth of detection difference between the two?  

And, are there actually any other options out there that I am missing?   

Look forward to your replies  🙂

• Like 2

If you fancy some German engineering then the Ebinger/Secon pinpointers are probably the best there is. The UWPP10 runs about 300 Euro but less if you take off the VAT. I’m thinking about grabbing one for my underwater detecting.

https://www-polizeibedarf--dagdas-de.translate.goog/alle-kategorien/polizeibedarf-kriminaltechnik/sicherheitstechnik/unterwasser-handsonden/13575/unterwasser-metallsonde-uwpp10-pinpointer?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

They do a coil one as well but very pricy.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Tony.   Yes, they look OK but the underwater pinpointers are either a straight pinpojnter or a coil probe - not interchangeable as either.  

And the coil probe converts to about AU$700  😳      The price and the lack of local warranty support mean that I can scrub that one off my list.  BUT, thanks for the suggestion  🙏  😉

I like and have the Nokta, and all three attachments! But my Treasure Products 585 is a beast, and comes in three configurations! Just not in one package, like the Nokta!!👍👍

20230112_010301.jpg

20230112_010844.jpg

20230112_010829.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

But my Treasure Products 585 is a beast

Thanks Joe.  I did see them but had never heard of them and wondered if they were legit.  They obviously are!

https://www.treasureproducts.com/index.html

Yeah, shame pinpoint mode/coil mode can't be had in the same unit.  Seem like a reasonable price too - even when converted to AU$.  Although they don't make noise by the looks?  Must be fairly decent vibration?  

• Like 2

Yes, vibrate only, auto shutoff after one minute, and/or tilt on/off! Takes one 9 volt, and no switches or buttons to go bad or leak! Battery will last a long time too! Been using my original one, going on 8 years now! Bought two hardly used ones on Ebay for about $50 each last year, as backups!🍀👍👍

20230112_012201.jpg

• Like 2

The Fisher F Pulse is the only waterproof Pulse induction pinpointer that has seen a heap of actual goldfield use, that Im aware of. For less than AU$250, I reckon it should be on your list. The Nokta one could be a good'un too but Ive heard nuthin about its use in the goldfields.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Aureous said:

The Fisher F Pulse is the only waterproof Pulse induction pinpointer

Unfortunately only waterproof to 6 feet and no coil attachment.  

12 minutes ago, Aureous said:

The Nokta one could be a good'un too but Ive heard nuthin about its use in the goldfields.

Won’t be used in the goldfields, just underwater.  Still got the Pro-Find for the gold fields  👍🏻

But again, thanks for the suggestion as it is exactly what I asked for 😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Northeast said:

Unfortunately only waterproof to 6 feet and no coil attachment.  

Won’t be used in the goldfields, just underwater.  Still got the Pro-Find for the gold fields  👍🏻

But again, thanks for the suggestion as it is exactly what I asked for 😉

ah, sorry....nowhere did you say it was for offshore work, i just assumed it was for your normal task of digging monster nuggets lol. yeah the Nokta should be the best choice for the money i expect  <rubbing chin, eyes skyward>

• Like 1

I’m happy with the Pulse Dive, outstanding build quality, when used as a pinpointer you can even replace the tip if it wears out.  The coils add noticeable depth and works great in salt.  

It’s not at all sensitive to small targets, a side effect of it being great in salt water. 

As a standard pinpointer it’s very similar to the F-pulse in performance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to An Underwater Pinpointer With Coil?