I haven't seen many reviews on the Equinox 700 but many on the 900. From what I see and hear most would recommend the 900 over the Legend but what about the 700, would you recommend that over the Legend as well. I'm wanting to upgrade from my Vanquish 540 and I'm leaning towards the 700, does it get the same depth/seperation as the 900. 

It would serve you well to compare the features of both the Legend & Equinox 700, including coil availability and price/value.  I think you will find the 900 is the one that is on par with the Legend, not the 700.  And then there is optional coils, aux battery, .....  You can't go wrong either way.

• Like 6

The Legend with wireless headphones is $599.

The Equinox 700 which now comes with wireless headphones is $699.

Legend Pro Pack with wireless headphones, external battery pack and 6” coil is $699.

Equinox 900 with wireless headphones and 6” coil is $1099

I regularly use the Legend Pro Pack and the Equinox 900. They are extremely close in performance.

I have not used a 700.

• Like 8

Jeff quoted full retail prices . Dealers commonly sell the Legend for less. I'm not sure about the 700/900 selling price.

• Like 2

The difference between the 700 and the 900 is mainly in adjustability. The sensitivity, iron bias, and recovery speed, all have a greater range and finer settings than the 700. However, in my ground I have never been able to max out the 800 sensitivity, so I am not concerned that the 700 sensitivity only goes to 25 (vs 28 on the 900). The iron bias I usually use at either 0, or 6 if bottle caps are a problem. Recovery speed on the 800 I never crank up to 7 or 8, so it does not matter that the 700 recovery only goes from 0-3 vs 0-8 on the 900. Note that recovery of 3 on the 700 equals 6 on the 900. Also, with the dP tones and Field 2 mode, the 700 may be an effective nugget machine, even without the Gold modes. However I have not tested this in the field yet (waiting for Spring). The 700 does not have single 20kHz and 40kHz frequencies, but I rarely use single frequencies unless in a high EMI area and 15kHz seems to do the trick. Anyway, I do not see a huge difference between the 700 and the 900. I bought the 700 instead of the Legend because I already have several accessory coils and waterproof phones and I did not want to learn a new platform. So I think either the 700 or the Legend would be excellent choices.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The 600 is the same detector as 800 with less adjustability. Same deal with 700 and 900. Both with exact same settings will hit exact same targets.

***Flame suit engaged***

I propose that all SMF detectors since the Nox and forward, will hit the same targets with the same settings. Or, very similar.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Digalicious said:

***Flame suit engaged***

I propose that all SMF detectors since the Nox and forward, will hit the same targets with the same settings. Or, very similar.

Whatever. I'm talking about them being the same circuit boards, just one with more limited access to settings than the other. With the same settings however they are the same detectors, detect the same targets. That can't be said with Legend vs Nox, etc.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

You really cant go wrong with either choice. The legend holds its own in my opinion as far as performance and options go. Being your coming from the vanquish series the 700 would prob be a easier transition. 😎

• Like 1