First Target Gold

abenson

4 hours ago, strick said:

Nice work abenson looking forward to your unbiased opinion of the machine at some point. What did the 1.7 gram ring ID at?

strick

Un-dug it was jumping around between 19 and 24. In the pile 23, thought it was going to be a crusty nickel. Big surprise!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, abenson said:

Un-dug it was jumping around between 19 and 24. In the pile 23, thought it was going to be a crusty nickel. Big surprise!

Nice most the nickels I've dug so far (a lot) have been in the 24-28 range where i'm at. I still have yet to get a true gold ring with the machine and I've been digging everything 10 and up most of the time. Not the M-cores fault just haven't got over one yet. I got a gold ring the first hunt I took the 800 out on.... but not the first target! 😁

strick

• Like 1

Just now, midalake said:

Do you think the D2 would of hit it? 

Your cracking me up lol ....He probably already went over that spot with the Deus 2  😜

strick

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, strick said:

Your cracking me up lol ....He probably already went over that spot with the Deus 2  😜

strick

When we did testing between the D2 and Equinox it was right around 13-14 inches where the D2 maxed out [at my location]  on a gold ring like that. 
There is a big difference in a TID locked target and "hearing" a target. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, midalake said:

Do you think the D2 would of hit it? 

Yea I think it would have

• Like 3

Tom Nasa says Manticore is excellent on the beach, better than D2, which is already better than 800. Now with you Abenson the find is on a gold ring that sounds ''generally'' good for any detector, D2 is less good on small gold objects like a small ear clasp. Can also be your beaches haves not of iron compared to the tests of Calabash D. At 13 inches the 800 technically would have heard it, actually "by sound", TID i dont no.Thank you for this communication, since the CD tests I hesitated to start.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic videos Andrew.  What's cool is you were able to score a gold ring on your 1st dig.  You got me beat my friend as I dug that diamond ring the 1st day I used it, the 1st hour, but it was the 2nd target.

Anyway, I just watched a few of those videos and you really do a great job showing the results for that hind of hunt.   VLF's in that salt are actually better than the PI's as they get close to the same max depths but all targets less are providing more info to the VLF's.

Well done my friend.

• Like 1